You need to do degree attestation from the Saudi Embassy and the Saudi Culture of the country which issued this degree certificate to apply for a family visa. In this article, we have explained the procedure for degree and certificate attestation for Saudi Arabia.
Why do we need a degree attestation for Saudi Arabia?
- In order to change the profession on your iqama, you need the degree attestation from the Saudi Embassy of the country which issued the degree certificate.
- You may have to change your profession as you want to bring your family here on a permanent family visa. Generally, the degree attestation from the Saudi Embassy is not required to apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia.
Useful tips for the degree attestation for Saudi Arabia
I would recommend you to read every bit of this article in detail if you want to do degree attestation from the Saudi Embassy and Saudi Culture. Otherwise, you will be asking questions from others for something which is already given below.
- Please make sure that the name on your degrees is the same as the name on your Iqama. It happens several times that while writing the name in Arabic on the Iqama, Jawazat people don’t care about this.
- My application has been rejected once because of the inconsistency of the name on the Iqama and the Degree certificate. In this case, you need to change the name on Iqama.
How to perform the degree attestation for Saudi Arabia?
Two Letters for the degree attestation
The first step in the process for the degree attestation for Saudi Arabia is to get two letters from your company requesting the Saudi Cultural Office and the Saudi Embassy in your respective country to attest the degrees.
Letters should contain your name, your current profession, your desired profession and your date of joining the company. The current profession in the letter should be the same as your Iqama. Recommended: Sample Letters from Employer for Degree Attestation
Degree attestation from the Saudi embassy and the Saudi Culture office
After this, you need to send these letters along with your degree certificate to the Saudi Embassy and Saudi Cultural Office along with the degree.
Before, the Saudi Embassy and Saudi Culture Office, you may have to the attestation of degrees from some education commission and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your Native country.
Required Documents for the degree attestation for Saudi Arabia
- Original Letters addressing to the Saudi Embassy and the Saudi Culture Office
- A copy of your Iqama
- A copy of your Saudi Visa
- A copy of your passport
- The original degree certificates
It is suggested to send all the above-mentioned documents to someone you know in your country. Assign him to do this task for you.
If you don’t have any such friends who can do all this for you, you can contact some agents who do the same for some charges. They will charge you around SR 400 for the attestation of documents.
Do I have to attest a degree issued by a Saudi University?
If a degree or certificate is issued by a university or institute of Saudi Arabia, there is no need for attestation from the Saudi Embassy or the Saudi Culture office.