If your current profession on Iqama is different from your actual profession, you need to change it to comply with the Article 38 of Saudi Labor Law. In this article, I have explained the updated procedure to change the iqama profession in Saudi Arabia in 2020.
Requirements to change the Iqama profession
- Attested degree matching with the Iqama profession.
- Payment of SR 1,000 fee to change Iqama profession.
- Registration with the relevant professional body;
- In order to change the profession from one professional body to another, registration with both professional bodies is required.
If your profession is one of the professions that need professional body registration (SOCPA, SCE, SCFHS), the change in the Iqama profession is not possible without registration with the professional body.
Request the GRO of the company
Once you have all the above-mentioned documents with you, just contact the Government Relations Officer of your company and he will do the rest of the process.
Keep in mind that you would not be able to do the process yourself as your employer is the only person who can request it from the Jawazat.
If you have already applied for a change of profession, you can check the status of change in the profession in this article.
Iqama profession change without Certificate
Some professions can be changed without a certificate while others require an attested degree. Here are some scenarios;
- No degree or certificate is required to change non-technical professions e.g. Labor to Cleaner.
- A resident with the computer technician Iqama profession can register himself with SCE without any certificate and change the profession to a Labor within 3 months of registration.
- A resident with the accountant Iqama profession can register himself with any degree with the SOCPA and then transfer the profession to labor.
Iqama profession for domestic workers
If you have been awarded a domestic visa like House driver, Housemaid, etc. it cannot be changed to a business profession. It can only be transferred to some other domestic professions.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.