Table of Contents
Expatriates with any Iqama profession can apply for a family visit visa and bring their family to KSA. In this article, we have explained the updated process to apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia in 2021.
Who is eligible for a family visit visa?
The family visit visa can be applied for only the following people in Saudi Arabia;
- Brother and his family (wife and children).
- Sister and her family (husband and children).
- Sister-in-Law (sister of the spouse).
- Grand Parents.
- 3 months of Iqama validity.
Now expatriates with any Iqama profession including labor and house drivers can also apply for a family visit visa.
Step 01: Fill the application
You need the following documents to fill the family visit visa application;
- Applicant's passport.
- Saudi visa of the Iqama holder person applying for the visa.
Open this website and click on the Citizens and Residents > Resident > Family Visit Visa Application for Residents.
On the next page, you need to click on the green button as shown below.
On the first page of the Saudi family visit visa application, you need to enter;
- Iqama Number.
- Iqama Expiry Date.
The system will fetch some details such as your name, the Iqama profession, the date of birth, and the nationality while you have to enter;
- العنوان: Office Address in Arabic.
- رقم تأشيرة الدخول: Saudi Visa Number.
Saudi Visa Number is written on the work visa stamped on your passport at the time of entering Saudi Arabia.
On the next page, you need to click on the “Addition” button to enter the details of the family visit visa applicant.
Now write all the details of the applicant who wants to come to Saudi Arabia on a family visit visa. Only the name will be written in English and all other details to be written in Arabic.
- اسم المطلوب: Name of the Applicant.
- الديانة: Religion.
- تاريخ الميلاد: Date of Birth.
- محل الميلاد: Place of Birth.
- رقم جواز السفر: Passport Number.
- نوع الجواز: Passport Type.
- تاريخ إصدار الجواز: Passport Issue Date.
- تاريخ إنتهاء الجواز: Passport Expiry Date.
- مكان إصدار جواز السفر: Passport Issuance Country.
- المهنة: Profession.
- الجنسية: Nationality.
- الجنس: Gender.
- جهة القدوم: The Embassy from where you want to stamp the visa.
- البريد الالكتروني: Email Address.
- العلاقة: Relationship with the person applying for the visa. If you want to apply for a brother or sister, select “Others” here and write the relationship in the newly opened box.
Type of Visa
- عدد مرات الدخول: Single Entry/Multiple Entry.
- مدة الصلاحية باليوم: Visa Validity after stamping.
- مدة الاقامة باليوم: Visa Duration in one stay.
- The single-entry visit visa is issued for a period of 30 days only with 5 possible extensions of 30 days each i.e. 180 days.
- The multiple-entry visit visa is issued for a period of 90 days only with 1 possible extension of 90 days each i.e. 180 days.
If you want to apply for a family visit visa for more than one family member, click on the “Addition” button again to enter the details of the second applicant who wants to come to KSA. Otherwise, write;
- الغرض من الزيارة: زيارة عائلية
The system will ask you to log in to the MOFA website with your Absher ID to confirm the submission of the visa.
- Save the application number for future use.
- Print the application for further processing.
Step 02: Submit the application
In the next step, you need to submit the application to your employer to sign and stamp it.
- Private Employees: After this, submit the application to the chamber of commerce where your employer is registered.
- Government Employees: The government employees will submit the application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Domestic Workers: The employer of the domestic workers will approve the visa through his Absher account. They don't have to submit it anywhere.
Step 03: Check Visit Visa Application Status
Now keep on checking the family visit visa status from the MOFA website. As soon as the family visit visa is approved, send it to the country from where your family wants to enter KSA. https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/
In some cases, the MOFA requests some additional documents from the Iqama holder before approving the visa. If this is the case, you need to visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with the required documents.
Step 04: Submit the application to the Saudi Embassy
Your family will contact an agent to submit the application to the Saudi Embassy or Saudi Consulate. In Pakistan, your family will have to book an appointment with Etimad.
At this point, you need to pay the fee for the family visit visa to your agent. Here is an approximate breakup of the fee;
- Visa Fee: SR 300.
- Insurance: SR 100.
- Other Charges: SR 500.
- Total Fee: SR 800 approx.
Make sure the application is submitted to the Saudi Embassy within the family visit visa validity.
Step 05: Check Saudi Visa Status
After submitting your passport to the embassy, you can check the Saudi Visa status with passport number online.
If the visa is stamped, you need to book a return ticket for the family visit visa holder. Saudi authorities have the right to deport a visit visa holder if he does not have a return ticket.
Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam
In some cases, you might have to apply for the family visit visa through Istiqdam. Here is how you need to proceed;
- Get the appointment from Istiqdam.
- Download the family visit visa application form, fill it in Arabic, and get it attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Introduction letter issued by the employer and stamped by the chamber of commerce.
- Copy of marriage certificate if you are applying for in-laws.
- Copy of Iqama and Passport.
Visit the Istiqdam office
- Submit all the documents to the Istiqdam office and get a Green and White paper from them.
- After this fill the application online following the guidelines given above. Here is the link https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Home/Services/citizens
Visit the MOFA
The last step is to visit the MOFA with a print of your online application along with the paper given to you by the Istiqdam.
Once the documents are submitted, you can check the status of approval of application online.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.