Table of Contents
Expats with any Iqama profession can apply for a family visit visa and bring their family to KSA. In this article, we have explained the updated process to apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia in 2023.
Who is eligible for a family visit visa?
The family visit visa can be applied for only the following people in Saudi Arabia. While relation 1-4 listed below is approved for everyone, relation 5-9 would be approved only if you have a good Iqama profession.
- Grand Parents.
- Brother and his family (wife and children).
- Sister and her family (husband and children).
- Sister-in-Law (sister of the spouse).
- Brother-in-Law (brother of the spouse).
You need the following documents to apply for the family visit visa;
- Applicant’s passport.
- Saudi visa of the Iqama holder person applying for the visa.
- 3 months of Iqama validity.
- No need to be physically present in KSA to apply.
- Activate Nafath app.
Now expatriates with any Iqama profession including labor and house drivers can also apply for a family visit visa.
Step 01: Log in to Nafath
In order to fill out the application for a family visit visa;
- Open this website https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Account/
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Enter your Iqama Number.
- Approve the Nafath access.
Step 02: Fill out the application
On the next page, you will be given many options out of which you need to select;
- Family Visit Visa Application for Residents.
On the first page of the Saudi family visit visa application, the system will fetch your details while you need to enter;
- Saudi Visa Number is written on the work visa stamped on your passport when entering Saudi Arabia. In case you were born in KSA, you can leave the field blank.
- Click on the “Add” button.
On the next page, you need to enter the personal details of the family visit visa applicant such as;
- Name as per passport in ENGLISH ONLY.
- Fill out the rest of the application in Arabic.
- Enter Birth Date.
- Enter Birth Place.
- Select Gender.
- Enter occupation in Arabic.
- Enter Mobile Number.
- Select Religion.
- Enter Relationship. Select Others if you want to apply for a family visit visa for someone else such as Brother or Sister.
Scroll down a little bit on the same page and enter the passport details of the applicant such as;
- Passport Number.
- Passport Type: Normal.
- Passport Issue Date.
- Passport Expiry Date.
- Passport Issue Place: The country of the passport holder.
Type of Visa
Now scroll down a little further and select the type of family visit visa you want to apply for in Saudi Arabia;
- The single-entry visit visa is issued for a period of 30 days only with 8 possible extensions of 30 days each i.e. 270 days.
- The multiple-entry visit visa is issued for a period of 90 days only which cannot be extended anymore.
- How to check Visit Visa validity in KSA?
- Coming from: The Embassy from where you want to stamp the visa.
If you want to apply for a family visit visa for more than one family member, click on the “Add” button again to enter the details of the second applicant who wants to come to KSA. Otherwise,
- Check “Agreement Approval“.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Once done, the MOFA system will generate an application number.
- Save the application number for future use.
- Print the application for further processing.
Step 03: Submit the application
In the next step, you need to submit the application to your employer to sign and stamp it.
- Private Employees: After this, submit the application to the chamber of commerce of the same city mentioned in the address above.
- Government Employees: The government employees will submit the application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Domestic Workers: The employer of the domestic workers will approve the visa through his Absher account. They don’t have to submit it anywhere.
Step 04: Check Visit Visa Application Status
Now keep on checking the family visit visa status from the MOFA website. As soon as the family visit visa is approved, send it to the country from where your family wants to enter KSA. https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/
In some cases, the MOFA requests some additional documents from the Iqama holder before approving the visa. If this is the case, you need to visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with the required documents.
Step 05: Submit the application to the Saudi Embassy
Your family will contact an agent to submit the application to the Saudi Embassy or Saudi Consulate. In Pakistan, your family will have to book an appointment with Etimad.
At this point, you need to pay the fee for the family visit visa to your agent. Here is an approximate breakup of the fee;
- Visa Fee: SR 300.
- Insurance: SR 100.
- Other Charges: SR 500.
- Total Fee: SR 800 approx.
Make sure the application is submitted to the Saudi Embassy within the family visit visa validity.
Step 06: Check Saudi Visa Status
After submitting your passport to the embassy, you can check the Saudi Visa status with the passport number online.
If the visa is stamped, you need to book a return ticket for the family visit visa holder. Saudi authorities have the right to deport a visit visa holder if he does not have a return ticket.
Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam
In some cases, you might have to apply for a family visit visa through Istiqdam. Here is how you need to proceed;
- Get the appointment from Istiqdam.
- Download the family visit visa application form, fill it in Arabic, and get it attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Introduction letter issued by the employer and stamped by the chamber of commerce.
- Copy of marriage certificate if you are applying for in-laws.
- Copy of Iqama and Passport.
Visit the Istiqdam office
- Submit all the documents to the Istiqdam office and get Green and White paper from them.
- After this fill the application online following the guidelines given above. Here is the link https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Home/Services/citizens
Visit the MOFA
The last step is to visit the MOFA with a print of your online application along with the paper given to you by the Istiqdam.
Once the documents are submitted, you can check the status of the approval of the application online.