You can bring your family to Saudi Arabia by filling an online application for a visit visa on the website of MOFA, KSA and by paying a minimal fee. We have explained the complete step by step procedure to apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia in 2019.
Who can get a family visit visa in KSA?
As of 2019, the family visit visa of Saudi Arabia can be applied for the following 6 family members;
- Wife – You can apply for a Saudi visit visa for only one wife at a time.
- Children – You can apply for a Saudi visit visa for all your children irrespective of their age.
- Father in Law
- Mother in Law
Can we apply for a family visit visa for a brother or sister?
It is important to mention that as of 2019, expatriates are not allowed to apply for a family visit visa for brother, married or unmarried sister, sister-in-law and any other relation apart from the list given above. However, they can come to Saudi Arabia on either a Saudi tourist visa or an Umrah visa.
Requirements to apply for a family visit visa
Before you make up your mind to apply for a family visit visa in KSA, you should know the requirements to apply for it. Unfortunately, not every expatriate living in Saudi Arabia is eligible to apply for a visit visa. Here is the list of requirements;
- The iqama validity should not be less than 3 months at the time of applying for a Saudi visit visa. It is better to apply with the iqama validity of at least 4 months.
- You need to have an acceptable profession to apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia. Even if your profession is not listed here, you should still give it a try as it does not cost more than SR 35.
This is one of the main reasons that house drivers and the expatriates working on a labour profession cannot apply for a family visit visa.
How to fill the Family Visit Visa application form?
Once you have satisfied yourself that you meet the requirements, you can proceed to fill the family visit visa application form online through the MOFA website. You need the following documents to fill the Saudi Visit Visa application in KSA;
- The passport of the candidate for whom you want to apply for a visa.
- The Saudi visa of the person who is applying for the visa.
Open the following link through Google Chrome https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Home/Services/citizens and click on the Citizens and Residents > Resident > Family Visit Visa Application for Residents.
In the next step to fill a sample application form for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia online, you will have to enter your Iqama number and the date of expiry and the visa number.
- It is important to mention here that the MOFA system does not accept the expiry date written on the face of the Iqama and therefore, you need to check the Iqama expiry date online through the Absher system to fill the form.
In the next step, the system will automatically fetch your name, your profession, date of birth, the name of your sponsor, your nationality and another number which is written on your visa. You can write these details yourself if the system does not fetch it automatically.
- You need to enter your full office address in the Arabic language in front of Title or عنوان while filling the application form. Keep in mind that many applications for the family visit visa are rejected due to this reason.
- Enter your Mobile Number in the format 00966591234567
- Enter your Email Address
- Visa number is mentioned on the visa which was stamped on your passport at the time when you entered Saudi Arabia.
In the next screen, you will have to enter the purpose of a family visit visa in Arabic i.e. زيارة عائلية and click on the “Addition” button.
In the next step, you will have to mention the name of the person whom you want to bring on a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia.
- Name of the Applicant: Names should be in the English language as per the spellings written on the passport. Keep in mind that many applications for Saudi visit visas are rejected due to this reason.
- Select the religion of the person who is invited i.e. Muslim or Non-Muslim.
- DOB: Enter the date of birth of the applicant as per the passport.
- Place of Birth: Enter the place of birth of the applicant as per the passport in the Arabic language.
- Enter the Passport Number
- Enter the Passport type i.e. Special or Normal
- Enter the passport Issue and Expiry Date as it is written on the passport
- Profession: Write the profession of the person in the Arabic language.
- The nationality of the applicant should be selected from the drop-down list.
- Select the gender of the person.
- Select the city from which you will be stamping the visa through the Saudi Embassy or Saudi Consulate. It can be the city in your home country or any other city where the applicant lives on a permanent basis.
- Your relationship with that person.
The Type of Family Visit Visa
You will have to select the type of family visit visa you are applying for the family.
- The single-entry visit visa is issued for a period of 30 days only with 5 possible extensions of 30 days each. Recommended: Types and Validity of the Saudi Family Visit Visa
- The multiple-entry Saudi visit visa is issued for a period of 365 days while the duration of stay during one stay cannot exceed 90 days. Moreover, the visa cannot be extended after 90 days. The visit visa holder will have to exit and enter back to Saudi Arabia.
In the last step, you will be given a filled Saudi family visit visa Application form to review. If all the details in the filled application form are correct, proceed to take a print of it.
- Make sure you save the application number as it will be used later to follow-up.
Submitting the Application to the Employer
In the next step to apply for the Saudi Visit Visa;
- You will have to get the application signed and stamped by your sponsor and then;
- Submit it to the Chamber of Commerce for authentication. You can either go to the Chamber of Commerce or your sponsor can apply for it online through the COC portal.
Check Visit Visa Application Status
Once the application is submitted to the chamber of commerce either physically or electronically, the status of your family visit visa application will change on the website of the MOFA, Saudi Arabia. Officially they say, it takes 3 days but normally it takes a week to process the visa.
You can check the family visit visa status by clicking through this link https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/
- Select “Application submitted to MOFA” in front of “Search for”.
- Enter the application number which is given to you by the MOFA when you applied for the visit visa
- Enter the Iqama Number in the third box and;
- Enter the captcha code in the fourth box.
If you want to understand the different meanings of messages which appear on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website while checking the status, check this article. Recommended: Check Visit Visa Application Status Online
In some cases, your Saudi Visit Visa application is not approved straightforward. They will ask you to submit the application along with some documents to the MOFA.
If this is the case, attach all the documents mentioned above with the visit visa application which you printed from the MOFA website and submit it to the nearest office of the MOFA in KSA.
What if the application is rejected?
If the family visit visa application is rejected by the MOFA, they will also mention a reason for rejection.
- You can drop a comment below with the reason and we will guide you further what to do.
- Otherwise, you can also discuss it with the GRO of your company for guidance. Here are the top 5 reasons for the rejection of a family visit visa by the authorities.
- As of 2019, you can still apply for the Saudi Visit Visa through Istiqdam as the government of Saudi Arabia has not yet stopped the manual procedure. Recommended: Apply for Family Visit Visa through Istiqdam
Submitting the Application in the Saudi Embassy
If your family visit visa for KSA is approved, you need to contact an agent in your home country and send him the PDF copy of the visa and ask your family to contact him for the visa process. Make sure you stamp the Saudi visit visa within its validity so that it does not expire.
In some countries such as Pakistan, the Saudi Government has established Etimad Centers. Your family will have to take an online appointment at Etimad Center and be present there.
The Fee for the family visit visa
The fee to apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia is SR 300 as of 2019 and all of it is paid in your home country to the Saudi Embassy through an agent.
We have explained the updated process to apply for a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia in 2019 in this video below. In case you want to continue reading the article, you can do so.