Table of Contents
Every expatriate engineer and technician working in Saudi Arabia has to register with the Saudi Engineering Council for Iqama renewal. Here is Saudi Engineering Council (SCE) registration process for technicians with and without a diploma certificate.
Who needs SCE Registration?
Before going further, we need to understand that the following two categories of expatriates need SCE registration;
- All types of Engineers.
- List of 136 technician professions (given below).
SCE Registration Requirements
Here are the requirements for registration with the Saudi Council of Engineers.
- Iqama scanned copy.
- Passport scanned Copy.
- Saudi Council of Engineers authorization letter.
- Letter of Introduction duly attested by the chamber of commerce.
- Degree or Diploma duly attested by the Saudi Embassy.
- Academic Transcript or Marksheet.
The fee for SCE
- Registration Fee: SR 500.
- Membership fee: SR 200/year for technicians and SR 250/year for engineers.
- Total Fee: SR 700 for technicians and SR 750 for engineers.
SCE registration for Technician
First of all, open this link and enter details such as your email, nationality, mobile number, and the membership classification i.e. engineer or technician.
Login to your email account and activate your SCE account. After activation, login to your SCE account.
- Iqama Number.
- Passport Number.
- Iqama Expiry Date.
- Iqama Profession.
- Upload your photograph.
- Enter the country of Birth.
- Enter Date of Birth.
- Select the country, region, and city of residence.
- SR 200/year for technicians.
- SR 2500/year for engineers.
In the next step, the system will ask if you have a diploma certificate. Since we are filing the Saudi Engineering Council registration application for diploma holders, we have selected “Yes” here. Enter other details such as;
- Graduation Country.
- Graduation Year.
- The name of the college or university.
In order to register with the Saudi council of engineers, you need the following authorization letter from your employer. Make sure that the letter is stamped by the chamber of commerce.
The expats who do not have a degree or diploma but whose profession is one of the 136 technician professions listed below can also complete the temporary registration process with the Saudi Engineering Council.
At the time when the SCE system asks if you have a diploma or certificate, select “NO“.
Warning: SCE technician registration without a diploma is for a period of 12 months. After this, he will either have to change the Iqama profession or get a diploma relevant to the profession.
Once this period is expired, you would neither be able to change your Iqama profession nor renew Iqama.
Now, you need to pay SR 500 as the registration fee. An SMS will be sent to you containing the SADAD bill number. The SCE will not start auditing your request for registration until SR 500 fee is paid.
You can see from the screenshot below that the Yaqeen status is already verified.
Yaqeen verified on the Saudi Council of Engineers account means that you have successfully uploaded your Iqama in the SCE system and your basic details such as your Iqama number, Iqama expiry date, name, employer name, and the Iqama profession are already verified by the Ministry of Labor records.
Once you have paid SR 500 fee for Saudi Engineering Council Registration for technicians, the SCE will start verifying your documents. They might ask you to send some additional documents or a clear copy of the same file.
Once the verification process is completed, you will receive an SMS from the Saudi Council of Engineers to pay the membership fee.
Why does SCE reject registration?
If you receive a message on your email that your Saudi Council of Engineers registration is rejected after verification, you should not panic as it could be due to one of the following reasons;
- Incomplete or Unclear documents.
- The degree is not attested by the Saudi Culture and the Saudi Embassy.
- Fake Documentation. Source: Saudi Gazette
- An engineer with less than 5 years of experience. Source: Saudi Gazette
- Iqama profession is reserved for Saudis e.g. fire and safety engineer.
In case your Saudi Council of Engineers registration is rejected, call the SCE helpline at 920020820 and the phone officer will guide you.
You can renew your Iqama when your SCE membership is valid, even if it is valid for the next 2 days. Otherwise, you can start the process for the renewal of the Saudi Council of Engineers membership.
Print SCE Certificate
After successfully registering as an engineer or technician, you can visit any of the Saudi Engineering Council offices to collect your SCE certificate and membership card.
Deactivate / Delete SCE Account
If you do not have access to the email address used to create the SCE account, you will have to request the Saudi Council of Engineers to deactivate or delete the account.
- Ask your employer to write a letter requesting SCE to delete/deactivate the account.
- Get the letter attested by the chamber of commerce.
- Take the appointment with the SCE and submit the letter.
- SCE will deactivate the account.
- After 10,15 days, you can register with the Saudi Council of Engineers again with the new email.
List of Technician professions
Saudi Engineering Council registration for technicians is required for the iqama renewal of the following 136 professions only.