If you know the requirements and process to apply for a work visa in Saudi Arabia, the visa processing time is reduced significantly. Here we have explained all the needs and procedures to apply for a work visa starting from the age limit to the visa stamping.
- Minimum age limit for work visa in Saudi Arabia 2023: 21 years.
- Maximum age limit for a work visa in Saudi Arabia: 55 Years.
- Minimum age limit for women: 27 years.
If an employer wants to process a work visa for anyone over 55 years, he must seek special permission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Work Visa Requirements
Most of the requirements to process the Saudi work visa are arranged by the employer or the agent processing the application. The agent will arrange all the requirements if you have bought an Azad visa.
- Valid passport with six months validity.
- GAMCA Medical Test for Saudi Visa
- Attested Degree from the Saudi Embassy and Saudi Culture Office.
- Employment Contract.
- The Police Clearance Certificate.
- Stamp from Protectorate of Emigrants.
- Passport Size Photo.
- Letter from the employer sponsoring the worker duly authorized by the chamber of commerce.
- Visa application form.
Assignment of an Agent
Your employer will endorse the Saudi visa received from the Ministry of Labor to an agent in your home country. Your employer will give you the agent’s contact information. The Saudi work visa processing time depends on how resourceful and experienced your agent is.
Visa processing time
If your agent is an experienced one and all the requirements are arranged, he will immediately submit the application to the Saudi Embassy or Saudi consulate. Usually, it takes from 15 to 30 days to stamp a Saudi work visa on your passport.
The validity of the Saudi Work Visa stamped on your passport is 90 days, which means that you have to travel within 90 days.
Once you land in Saudi Arabia, the visa stamped on your passport will remain valid for 90 days from the day you land there. Your employer will have to process your Iqama within this period.
The total fee an agent charges to process a work visa for Saudi Arabia ranges from SR 1,000 to SR 2,000, depending upon the country you are living in.
However, keep in mind that as per Article 40 (1) of Saudi Labor Law, the entire cost of visa processing is the employer’s responsibility.