Table of Contents
You can convert a family visit visa to Iqama or a permanent family visa in Saudi Arabia for your children only if the following two requirements are met;
- Both parents have an Iqama.
- Children are below 18 years old.
It is worth noting that you cannot covert a family visit visa to Iqama for your wife, mother, father, mother-in-law, or father-in-law.
Some people will quote news that Family Visit Visa cannot be converted into Iqama. It is true in all other cases but does not apply to Iqama holder parents with children on visit visas.
In a tweet, Jawazat has also confirmed that the visit visa for children can be converted to Iqama if both the parents have a valid Iqama.
- Children’s Birth Certificate attested by the Saudi Embassy + MOFA KSA.
- Children’s Vaccination Cards.
- Children’s Original Passports.
- Passport size picture of the child.
- Iqama copies of parents.
- Passport copies of parents.
- Medical Insurance for children.
- Marriage certificate attested by the Saudi Embassy + MOFA KSA.
- Letter from the Employer of the parents requesting Jawazat to convert the visit visa into Iqama duly attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Filled visa application form to convert family visit visa to Iqama.
- Payment of SR 2,000 fee.
- Jawazat Appointment.
Convert family visit visa to Iqama
Step 1: Jawazat Appointment
You need to get a Jawazat appointment with the option “Resident Services” to enter the passport office.
Step 2: Visit Jawazat.
Once you have all the above-mentioned documents, go to the Jawazat office in your city which deals with family matters.
Submit all your documents on the prescribed window, the Jawazat officer will verify them and request the cancellation of the Family Visit Visa on your child’s passport.
Step 3: Second Visit Jawazat.
After almost one week of submitting the passports, visit the same Jawazat office again to check if your request has been accepted. He will ask you to pay another fee.
Step 4: Pay the dependent fee.
If the request is accepted, pay the dependent fee up to your Iqama expiry date for all your children.
Some people have asked me at what stage the insurance is required? Your child already has insurance on a visit visa, you don’t need another insurance for the issuance of Iqama. However, proper insurance would be required at the time of Iqama renewal.
Step 5: Convert Family Visit Visa
Go back to the same window with the payment proof, the Jawazat officer will convert the family visit visa to Iqama or a permanent family visa in Saudi Arabia and issue you the following document.
Step 6: Print the Iqama.
Now take this paper to the window where Iqama is printed, the officer will immediately print the Iqama copy. That’s it you have successfully converted your family visit visa into a permanent family visa.
Source: Arab News