Table of Contents
In order to extend a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia, you need to renew the insurance. We have explained, the meaning of the error message AC3728E, how to check visit visa insurance validity and get Arabian Shield Insurance for Visit Visa extension in KSA.
Do I need insurance for a visit visa extension?
- Every family visit visa holder needs to either renew or get new insurance to extend his family visit visa.
- People who have 2 years multiple entry family visit visa, also need insurance for the visit visa extension.
- However, there is no need to renew insurance if the visit visa holder is going back to his home country with an intention to come back on the same visa.
AC3728E: There is no Health Insurance
If you try to extend a family visit visa without having health insurance, “AC3728E THERE IS NO HEALTH INSURANCE” message appears. You can get insurance from any of the following insurance companies or continue reading the article to get it from the Arabian Shield Insurance.
- Tawuniya cooperative Insurance Company
- BUPA Arabia for Cooperative Insurance
- Arabian Shield Cooperative Insurance Company
- AXA Cooperative Insurance Company
- Allied Cooperative Insurance Group (ACIG)
- Al Rajhi Company for Cooperative Insurance
- Saudi United Cooperative Insurance (WALA)
Arabian Shield Insurance for visit visa extension
Open the Arabian Shield Insurance website from the link given below and enter the visa number, visa issue date and passport number of the family visit visa holder. All the required information is already printed on the visa page stamped on the passport of the visit visa holder. https://sme.der3.com/VisitVisa/VisitVisaInsurance
In the next step, the system will fetch all the details of the family visit visa holders in front of your screen. You will just have to enter the following details;
- Select Visa Validity as 90 days.
- Enter PO Box number. In case you don’t have a PO Box number in Saudi Arabia, you can use the PO Box number of one of your friends.
- Enter the ZIP Code of the city you are living in. We have given a list of ZIP Codes of major cities of Saudi Arabia in this.
- Make sure you enter your valid email address here as a confirmation email is sent to this email before proceeding for the payment.
In the next step, the system will only confirm the name of the insured person, his or her gender and the date of birth. If you are comfortable with all the fetched details, click on the button “submit declaration”.
In the next step, the system will ask you three questions which you will have to answer with a “NO” to renew Arabian Shield Insurance for Visit Visa extension in KSA.
- Is there a hypnotic case currently in the hospital?
- Do you have an accident resulting in injury, illness or disability?
- Do you have cases of congenital malformation?
The Insurance Fee
If you have answered all the questions in “No”, in the next step, the system will fetch the amount of insurance fee you need to pay. Normally, the fee is around SR 40 to SR 50 for a period of 3 months.
The system will ask you to enter the code you have received in your email before proceeding to the next step.
In the last step, the system will ask you to print the insurance document in a colored format. That's it! You have successfully renewed the Arabian Shield Insurance for Family Visit Visa extension in KSA.
Check visit visa insurance validity in KSA
In order to check the insurance validity of a visit visa holder in KSA, open the website from the following link and enter the passport number of the insured and the captcha code. https://eservices.cchi.gov.sa/Pages/ClientSystem/CheckVisitorsInsurance.aspx?lang=en
In the next page, you will be able to see the name of the health insurance company, the medical insurance type, the issue date, the expiry date and the validity status of the health insurance of visit visa holders.
Benefits of Visit Visa Insurance in KSA
The Family Visit Visa holders can enjoy many benefits with this insurance but keep in mind that this is just travel insurance which covers patients only in emergency cases. You cannot go to hospitals to get medicine for your normal treatment through this insurance.
Saudi Visit Visa Insurance Coverage
- The maximum benefits limit = SR 100,000
- Emergency cases – Up to the policy limit
- Hospitalization – Up to the policy limit
- Accommodation Limit for a Patient: shared room and up to a limit of SR 600/day
- Accommodation limit for patient’s escort – (shared room and up to a limit of SR 150/day)
- Treatment of emergency maternity and delivery cases – Up to SR 5000 for the duration of the policy
- Cost of travel and accompanying of one direct family member – Up to SR 5000 for the duration of the policy
- Emergency dental treatment – Up to SR 500 for the duration of the policy
- The expenses of the birth and treatment of premature babies – Up to the policy limit
- Treatment to injuries resulting from road traffic accidents – Up to the policy limit
- The expenses of emergency kidney Dialysis – Up to the policy limit
- Emergency Medical Evacuation inside and outside the Kingdom – Up to the policy limit
- Repatriation of mortal remains to the country of origin – Up to SR 10,000 for the duration of the policy
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.