Table of Contents
In order to make any degree, birth certificate, or another document valid for official use outside Saudi Arabia, you need to book an online MOFA appointment and go through the attestation procedure.
Similarly, a document issued by a foreign country would not be accepted by any Saudi department unless it is approved by the MOFA.
MOFA attestation requirements
Make sure you fulfill all the below requirements before visiting the MOFA office for document attestation.
- MOFA Appointment.
- Arabic translation of documents.
- Original Iqama.
- Foreign documents (degree, marriage certificate) must be attested by the Saudi Embassy.
- If there are letters issued by employers, they must be stamped by the chamber of commerce.
In order to book an online appointment for MOFA attestation, click on this link and select the following;
- Ratification Place:
- Select the branch name i.e. Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, etc.
- Select Nationality i.e Saudi or Non-Saudi.
- Enter Name, Iqama Number, Mobile Number, and Email.
Click on “Add New Document” and select;
- Type of the Document: e.g. Birth Certificate.
- Document Number: 1.
- Click on “Add Document“.
- Enter the Captcha Code.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
On the next page, the MOFA will request to book an online appointment for attestation.
Now, you would be able to see the available MOFA appointments in your selected region. Select the date and time and click on the “submit” button.
The system will send you an activation code on the given mobile number which you need to enter on the next screen.
The next screen will show the MOFA appointment confirmation page for the attestation of documents. At this point, you can either;
- Change the appointment.
- Cancel the appointment.
- Pay the MOFA Attestaion Fee.
Pay the MOFA attestation fee
If you don’t pay the MOFA attestation fee within 3 hours of booking the appointment, it will be automatically canceled.
In case you have paid the MOFA attestation fee by mistake or you don’t need the service anymore, you can easily refund the fee. Recommended: How to refund the MOFA attestation fee?
Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Office
Make sure to visit the MOFA building 15 minutes before the appointment.
- MOFA Riyadh Location: The Map Location of MOFA Riyadh
- MOFA Jeddah Location: The Map Location of MOFA Jeddah
- Dammam MOFA Location: The Map Location of MOFA Dammam
- MOFA Khobar Location: The Map Location of MOFA Khobar
There are separate counters for companies and individuals. Make sure you take a token for Individuals.
You can do the attestation of your personal documents or the documents of your dependents from the MOFA. They will not attest to your cousin or friend’s documents if you carry them with you.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.