Procedure to Attest Degrees for Saudi Arabia

In order to change your profession on the Iqama, you need to attest your degrees from Saudi Arabian Embassy of the country which issued this degree. In Saudi Arabia, the profession of your visa can be different from your actual profession.

For example, it is possible that the profession in your Iqama is “General Labor” but you are working as Financial Analyst in a company. It is important to note that it is illegal to work in this way and it can lead to very harsh consequences which are described below.

You may have to change your profession as you want to bring your family here on permanent family visa or family visit visa. The procedure to attest degrees for Saudi Arabia is explained in detail in this article.

I would recommend you to read every bit of it in detail, otherwise, you will be asking questions from others for something which is already given below.

Please make sure that name on your degrees is same as the name on your Iqama. It happens several times that while writing the name in Arabic on the Iqama, Jawazat people don’t care for this.

My application has been rejected once because of the inconsistency of name on the Iqama and Degree. In this case, you need to change the name on Iqama.

The first step of attestation of degrees in Saudi Arabia is to get two letters from your company requesting Saudi Cultural Office and Saudi Embassy in your respective country to attest the degrees.

Letters should contain your name, your current profession, your desired profession and your date of joining the company. A current profession in the letter should be same as of your Iqama. Recommended: Sample Letters from Employer for Degree Attestation

There was a requirement to attest the above-mentioned letter from Chamber of Commerce and MOFA. But few readers have commented that this is no more a requirement.

After this, you need to send these letters to Saudi Embassy and Saudi Cultural Office along with the degree.  Before, Saudi Embassy and Saudi Culture Office, you may have to attest these degrees by some education commission and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your Native country.

However, it is suggested to send original letters, a copy of your iqama, a copy of your visa, a copy of your passport and the original degree to someone you know in your country. Assign him to do this work for you.

If you don’t have any such friend who can do all this for you, you can contact some agents who do the same for some charges. They will charge you around SR 400 for the attestation of documents.

According to recent changes in the degree attestation process, some embassies are asking for original passport of the candidate as well.

Once your degrees are attested by the Saudi Embassy and Saudi Cultural Office in your home country, you are done with the procedure of attestation of a degree from your home country.

Get your attested degrees back in Saudi Arabia and hand them over to your Mandoob in your company. He will do the rest of work. However, it is important to decide who will pay the change of profession fee.

I think a change of profession fee is SR 1,000/- and it is a burden upon you if you have to pay it. As per Saudi Labor Law, this is the responsibility of your employer to pay it.

If you have Saudi Degree, there is no need to attest it to apply for a permanent family visa.

Consequences of having Different Profession: As it is already mentioned, it is illegal to have a different profession on your iqama, you can be detained in the detention center in case of any raid of Jawazat in your office.

01-Your application for a visa of other countries will not be successful if your profession is low profile.

02-You cannot get family status in Saudi Arabia. You cannot bring your family to Saudi Arabia on a permanent basis.

03-You cannot apply for visit visa for your parents, unmarried sisters and others.

I have also heard that you cannot opt for an automatic car while going through a driving test for Saudi Driving License if you have a profession like Labor.

Get Latest Updates: You can join our WhatsApp Group to get the latest updates and news from the website.