Table of Contents
The vehicle registration of your car expires every three years in KSA and at that time you have to follow the Istimara renewal process. In this article, we have explained the process to renew Istimara online.
Keep in mind that a fine of SR 1,000 to SR 2,000 is imposed for refusing to present Istimara upon the request of an official.
Requirements for Istimara Renewal
- Istimara renewal can be done only 180 days before its expiry.
- SR 300 fee for the renewal of vehicle registration in KSA.
- Valid Fahas or MVPI.
- Valid third-party or comprehensive insurance. Recommended: How to get cheap car insurance in Saudi Arabia?
It is worth noting that it was only possible during coronavirus lockdown to renew istimara without Fahas. Now you cannot renew it without Fahas.
Apply for Istimara Renewal Online
In order to apply for the Istimara renewal online;
- Login to your Absher account https://absher.sa
- Click on the “Services” button under “Vehicle Services”.
- Select “Renewal Registration Vehicle”.
- Click on the “Renew Vehicle Registration”.
Now you need to agree to the terms and conditions for the online Istimara renewal.
Finally, your Istimara will be renewed for 3 years from the date of renewal (not from the date of expiry of car registration).
- MV3852E: Invalid vehicle model.
If Error MV3852E: Invalid vehicle model comes while renewing Istimara, just change the language from English to Arabic and it will work. If it still shows you the error, you need to visit the traffic police office.
The new Istimara cards do not contain an expiry date.
- If your vehicle registration card does not contain an expiry date, you don't need to visit the Traffic police office to collect it.
- However, in case of an expiry date, you need to book a Muroor appointment for the following purpose.
- طباعة رخصة سير مركبة = Printing an Istimara.
- SR 100 fine for not collecting Istimara within 7 days of renewal.
Timings of Muroor Offices
- Timing for Istimara collection: 7 am to 6 pm
- Timing for Istimara collection during Ramadan: 10 am until 3 pm
Fine for Expired Istimara
If your vehicle registration expires in Saudi Arabia, you will have to pay a fine of SR 100 per year. In case, your Istimara remained expired for a period of 3 years, you will have to pay a fine of SR 300.