Table of Contents
You need to renew your Istimara or vehicle registration online through Absher every 3 years to keep your documents up to date.
Keep in mind that a fine of SR 1,000 to SR 2,000 is imposed for refusing to present Istimara upon the request of an official.
Requirements for Istimara Renewal
- Istimara renewal can be done only 180 days before its expiry.
- Istimara Renewal Fee = SR 300.
- Valid Fahas or MVPI – Check Fahas Validity online
- Valid third-party or comprehensive insurance. Recommended: How to get cheap car insurance in Saudi Arabia?
It is worth noting that it was only possible during coronavirus lockdown to renew Istimara without Fahas. Now you cannot renew it without Fahas.
Apply for Istimara Renewal Online
In order to apply for the Istimara renewal online;
- Login to your Absher account https://absher.sa
- Click on the “Services” button under “Vehicles“.
- Select “Vehicles Management“.
- Select the vehicle and click on “Renew Vehicle Registration“.
Request Postal Delivery
After you renew your Istimara online, you can request postal delivery. In order to do that, scroll down a bit and;
- Click on the “Request Postal Document Delivery“.
- Press the “+” button and select your Saudi national address.
- Confirm the phone number delivery request.
You will shortly receive an SMS containing a link to make the payment for the delivery service.
- Delivery Charges: SR 17.25.
The new Istimara cards do not contain an expiry date.
- If your vehicle registration card does not contain an expiry date, you don’t need to visit the Traffic police office to collect it.
- However, in case of an expiry date, you need to book a Muroor appointment for the following purpose.
- طباعة رخصة سير مركبة = Printing an Istimara.
- SR 100 fine for not collecting Istimara within 7 days of renewal.
Timings of Muroor Offices
- Timing for Istimara collection: 7 am to 6 pm
- Timing for Istimara collection during Ramadan: 10 am until 3 pm
Fine for Expired Istimara
There is a fine of SR 100/year for not renewing Istimara within 60 days of its expiry. In case, your Istimara remained expired for a period of 3 years, you will have to pay a fine of SR 300.