Table of Contents
You need to renew your Istimara or vehicle registration online through Absher every three years to keep your documents current.
Keep in mind that a fine of SR 1,000 to SR 2,000 is imposed for refusing to present Istimara upon the request of an official.
Requirements for Istimara Renewal
- Istimara renewal can be done only 180 days before its expiry.
- Pay Istimara Renewal Fee = SR 300.
- Valid Fahas or MVPI – Check Fahas Validity online
- Valid third-party or comprehensive insurance. Recommended: How to get cheap car insurance in Saudi Arabia?
It is worth noting that it was only possible during the coronavirus lockdown to renew Istimara without Fahas. Now you cannot renew it without Fahas. The following message appears if you try to renew it without Fahas.
- The inspection certificate of the vehicle is invalid. The VRR of the vehicle cannot be continued, please visit inspection offices to update the inspection certificate.
Apply for Istimara Renewal Online
To apply for the Istimara renewal online,
- Login to your Absher account https://absher.sa
- Click on the “Vehicles” button.
- Select “Vehicles Management“.
- Select the vehicle.
On the next page, you need to;
- Click on “Renew Vehicle Registration“.
- Select “Continue“.
- That’s it, your Istimara has been renewed successfully.
You can request the postal delivery of your Istimara or visit the traffic police office to get the new Istimara. Keep in mind that the new Istimara cards do not have an expiration date.
- If your vehicle registration card does not contain an expiry date, you don’t need to collect a new card.
- However, in case of an expiry date, you need to book a Muroor appointment for the following purpose.
- طباعة رخصة سير مركبة = Printing an Istimara.
- SR 100 fine for not collecting Istimara within 7 days of renewal.
Timings of Muroor Offices
- Timing for Istimara collection: 7 am to 6 pm
- Timing for Istimara collection during Ramadan: 10 am until 3 pm
Fine for Expired Istimara
There is a fine of SR 100/year for not renewing Istimara within 60 days of its expiry. In case, your Istimara remained expired for a period of 3 years, you will have to pay a fine of SR 300.