Table of Contents
The vehicle registration of your car expires every three years in KSA and at that time you have to follow the Istimara renewal process. In this article, we have explained the process to renew Istimara online and given details of vehicle registration collection centers in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Dammam.
Keep in mind that a fine of SR 1,000 to SR 2,000 is imposed for refusing to present Istimara upon the request of an official.
Requirements for Istimara Renewal
- Istimara renewal can be done only 180 days before its expiry. Recommended: Check Vehicle Registration Validity Online
- SR 300 fee for the renewal of vehicle registration in KSA.
- Valid Fahas or MVPI. The Saudi government has temporarily suspended the requirement to have a valid Fahas for the Istimara renewal due to coronavirus.
- Valid third-party or comprehensive insurance. Recommended: How to get cheap car insurance in Saudi Arabia?
- An active Absher account.
Apply for Istimara Renewal Online
Once you have all the above-mentioned requirements, log in to your Absher account and click on the “Services” tab given below the “Vehicle Services” section. https://absher.sa
After that, a new screen will open where you will have to click on the “Renewal Registration Vehicle”.
A new window will appear on your computer screen containing details of all your vehicles. You need to select the vehicle for which you want to renew Vehicle Registration. Once you are there, just click on the “More Detail” for Istimara renewal.
A drop-down screen will appear containing details of the vehicle. You can see if the insurance of your vehicle is valid there. If everything goes fine, just click on the “Renew Vehicle Registration” button.
In the next step, agree to the terms and conditions of Istimara renewal. You need to confirm the details by clicking on the “Confirm Vehicle Registration” button.
In any case, if you want to find out the vehicle sequence number of your car, this is the page from Abshir you can get this detail. Terms and conditions are given below;
Finally, your Istimara will be renewed for 3 years from the date of renewal (not from the date of expiry of car registration).
- MV3852E: Invalid vehicle model.
If Error MV3852E: Invalid vehicle model comes while renewing Istimara, just change the language from English to Arabic and it will work. If it still shows you the error, you need to visit the traffic police office.
The new Istimara vehicle registration cards do not contain an expiry date. If your vehicle registration card does not contain an expiry date, you don't need to visit the Traffic police office to collect it as it will remain valid for the rest of the time.
However, in case of an expiry date, you can collect your vehicle registration card from the below-mentioned offices after the online Istimara renewal.
- Istimara collection center location in Jeddah: Google Maps
- Istimara collection center location in Riyadh: Google Maps
- Vehicle registration collection center location in Dammam: Google Maps
- Timing for Istimara collection: 7 am to 2 pm
- Timing for Vehicle Registration collection during Ramadan: 10 am until 3 pm
Fine for not collecting Istimara
A fine of SR 100 is imposed if you don’t go to the traffic police station to pick your new Vehicle Registration card within 7 days of its renewal.
Fine for Expired Istimara
If your vehicle registration expires in Saudi Arabia, you will have to pay a fine of SR 100 per year. In case, your Istimara remained expired for a period of 3 years, you will have to pay a fine of SR 300.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.