Table of Contents
Saudi Traffic police has updated the list of traffic violations and fines in 2022. The traffic fines are divided into 8 categories as follows.
Category 1: SR 20,000 to SR 60,000
Category 1 is newly introduced in which a traffic fine of SR 20,000 to SR 60,000 is imposed on the offender in Saudi Arabia along with 24 traffic violation points.
- SR 20,000 fine for drifting for the first time.
- SR 40,000 fine for drifting for the first time.
- SR 60,000 fine for drifting for the first time.
Category 2: SR 5,000 to SR 10,000
SR 5,000 to SR 10,000 fine is imposed on the offenders in 2022 who fall under category 2 of the traffic violation.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs + 24 traffic violation points.
- Crossing a valley during a flood.
- When animal owners do not keep their animals away from the road.
- Carrying out road-works before notifying the relevant authorities.
- Hiding or changing the chassis number of the vehicle.
Category 3: SR 3,000 to SR 6,000
The traffic violations which come under the category is fined with SR 3,000 to 6,000.
- Not stopping while the red traffic light was on.
- Non-stopping completely at the stop signal.
- Carrying out a car race on public roads.
- Installing equipment on the vehicle which is used in official and emergency vehicles.
- Overtaking school buses when they stop to load or unload + 4 traffic violation points.
- Tampering with traffic regulating signs.
- Using unauthorized devices inside the vehicle.
- Fixing logos or posters contrary to public morals.
- Driving in the opposite direction of the road + 12 traffic violation points.
Category 4: SR 1,000 to SR 2,000
As per the new update in the traffic violations list, the category 4 violation fine ranges from SR 1,000 to SR 2,000.
- Standing or Stopping on railway tracks + 6 traffic violation points.
- Carrying more than the allowed number of passengers in a car.
- Not complying with road limits marked on the lanes or driving in the yellow lane/shoulder.
- Driving a vehicle without a number plate or an illegal or forged plate.
- Leaving vehicles on public roads.
- Refusing to present Istimara and Iqama upon request.
- Overtaking vehicles in curves and uphill(s).
- Not able to export a vehicle within the prescribed time.
- Not wearing a helmet when riding a motorbike + 2 traffic violation points.
- Pedestrians crossing roads from places other than those allocated to them.
Category 5: SR 500 to SR 900
In category 5 of traffic violations, a fine of SR 500 to SR 900 is imposed on offenders.
- Driving a vehicle without a driving license.
- Exceeding the speed limit by more than 25 km/h.
- Using the siren of emergency vehicles unnecessarily.
- Violating the car tinting rules.
- Maneuvering in high speed between vehicles + 8 traffic violation points.
- Not stopping at the signal with the sign driving priority ahead.
Not using headlights at night or while driving in bad weather conditions.
- Violating traffic police hand signals while organizing traffic + 8 traffic violation points.
- Endangering lives by driving a vehicle without breaks.
- Driving a vehicle inside tunnels without lights.
- Using mobile phones by hand while driving + 2 traffic violation points.
- Parking at the place designated for special needs drivers.
- Loading trucks without safety measures. Uncovering, untying transported loads + 4 traffic violation points.
Category 6: SR 300 to SR 500
People who commit the category 6 traffic violations are imposed with a fine from SR 300 to SR 500.
- Exceeding the speed limit by not more than 25 km/h.
- Driving at a check post with more than 25 kph speed + 4 traffic violation points.
- Crossing the lanes from places where it is not allowed + 4 traffic violation points.
- Making an illegal amendment to a vehicle’s body + 4 traffic violation points.
- Driving a vehicle that pollutes the environment.
- Not complying with traffic regulations at road intersections + 6 traffic violation points.
- Using a vehicle for unlicensed purposes.
- Seating passengers in the vehicle in places other than those specified for them.
- Non-using safety seats meant for children.
- Leaving objects on public roads endangers public safety.
- Unnecessarily sudden use of brakes.
- Allowing no movement priority for VIP or emergency vehicles.
- Using expired license.
- Slowing down driving in a manner that impedes the smooth flow of traffic.
— المرور السعودي (@eMoroor) September 10, 2020
- Leaving the vehicle on a sloping road without a handbrake.
Category 7: SR 100 to SR 300
After the 2022 new update in the list of traffic rules, people who commit category 7 violations in Saudi Arabia are fined between SR 100 to SR 300.
- Nose Picking while Driving.
- Not equipping trailers as required by regulations.
- Driving a vehicle without Fahas.
- Not leaving a safe distance between two vehicles.
- Infringing rules by using strong lights.
- Parking on public roads without safety precautions.
- Putting bars inside the vehicle that prevent driver vision.
- Driving without a valid Istimara.
- Driving without the transfer of vehicle ownership.
- Driving a vehicle without a seatbelt + 2 traffic violation points.
- Misusing the vehicle’s horn.
- Not using indicators while changing a lane.
- Reversing a car on a highway for more than 20 meters.
— SaudiAuto سعودي أوتو (@saudiauto) February 3, 2020
Category 8: SR 100 to SR 150
The minimum fine imposed for any traffic violation in Saudi Arabia is SR 100 which comes under category 8.
- Throwing any objects outside the vehicle while it is moving.
- Getting off or riding into a vehicle while it is moving.
- Pedestrian’s non-compliance with signals defined for them.
- Parking at the places where parking is not allowed.
- Driving the car without valid insurance.
- Leaving a car with the engine running.