Table of Contents
The new vehicle registration cards in Saudi Arabia do not mention the expiry date but you can check Istimara validity with the Absher account easily.
What is an Istimara?
Istimara means Car Registration in the Arabic language which contains information such as the name of the owner, his Iqama number, vehicle number, registration number, vehicle name, model number, etc.
The Validity of Istimara
The maximum validity of an Istimara is 3 years.
- Istimara for a brand new car is issued for a period of 3 years.
- Istimara is renewed for a period of 3 years.
Check Istimara validity with Absher
In order to check Istimara expiry date with Absher;
- Login to your Absher account https://absher.sa
- Click on the “Services” button under “Vehicles“.
- Select “Vehicles Management“.
- Select the vehicle and scroll down until you check the Istimara expiry date.
If you find out that your Istimara is going to expire in the next 6 months, you can renew the Istimara online.
Check Istimara validity with Tawakkalna
You can also check the validity of Istimara through the Tawakkalna application. In order to do that;
- Download Tawakkalna Services from playstore or iTunes.
- Log in to it using your Absher ID and password.
- Click on “Dashboard“.
- Select “Vehicles” from the options.
- The new page shows the vehicle registration expiry date.
The fine for the late istimara renewal
If you don’t renew Istimara within its expiry date, there is a fine of SR 100 per annum. In this way, a delay in renewing Istimara for 3 years would cost you SR 300. To avoid fines in KSA, you should keep on checking the Istimara validity online.
It is also important to mention here that you need to have a valid Istimara to transfer the ownership of a car in Saudi Arabia.