Table of Contents
After the family visit visa is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it is valid for a certain period before and after the stamping. In this article, we have explained the rules related to Family visit visa validity before stamping and after it is stamped.
Family Visit visa validity before stamping
Once the family visit visa is issued by the MOFA, it can be stamped by the Saudi Embassy in your home country within 90 days.
Let's say if the visa is issued on the 1st of Jan, it can be stamped from the Saudi Embassy up to March 30.
- In other words, the family visit visa validity before stamping is 90 days.
Visit visa validity after stamping
After the family visit visa or work visa is stamped, it remains valid for a period of 90 days after it is stamped from the Saudi Embassy.
Let's say a visa is stamped on the passport by the Saudi Embassy on the 1st of April, the will remain valid up to June 30.
Duration of Stay
The duration of stay on any visa depends upon the type of visa. For example;
- The duration of stay on a single entry visa is 30 days which can be extended up to 180 days.
- The duration of stay on a multiple entry visa is 90 days which can be extended up to 180 days.
- The duration of stay on a work visa is 90 days within which the employer needs to issue the Iqama.
Check the validity of family visit visa
- Login to your Absher account.
- Click on the “Dashboard”.
- Look for the Visit Visa tab and click on the “More Details” link.
On the new screen, you can see the name, passport number, visa number, border number, date of entry, and the date of expiry of the Saudi Visit Visa.