Table of Contents
The HRSD Ministry has imposed a minimum of 30% Saudization in the marketing profession to promote local and educated talent.
Saudization in the Marketing Profession
The decision of 30% Saudization in the marketing is expected to create around 12,000 jobs for locals in Saudi Arabia.
1-All private companies would be required to maintain at least a 30% Saudization level in marketing jobs.
2-The 30% Saudization in the marketing profession is only implemented in those companies where more than 5 people are employed in the profession of marketing.
3-The decision will be implemented from 1st April 2022.
4-The minimum monthly salary for a Saudi in the marketing profession would not be less than SR 5,500 to be counted in Saudization calculation.
6 Marketing Professions to be Saudized
In the beginning, the following Saudization is applied to the following 6 professions.
- Marketing Manager.
- Marketing Specialist.
- Advertising and Public Relations Manager.
- Marketing Sales Expert.
- Advertising Designer.
- Commercial Photographer.
- Source: Twitter.
Benefits of Saudization to the Company
A company that maintains a 30% Saudization requirement would be awarded the following benefits for the Saudis hired in the marketing profession;
- 50% Wage Support.
- Training to Employees.
- Transportation Allowance to and from Work.
- Remote Work Allowance.
- Childcare allowance for women.
- Relocation Allowance.
Mechanism of calculating Saudization
The mechanism of calculating Saudization in the marketing profession is explained below;
- Total marketing jobs in a company (20 Expats + 2 Saudis): 22.
- Saudization Rate (22 x 30%) : 6.6 rounded to 7.
- New Saudi professionals to be hired during the grace period: 7 – 2 = 5.
What if the Saudization requirement is not met?
If the 30% required Saudization requirement in the marketing profession is not met by April 01, 2022, the following consequences will have to be faced;
- Employees with the marketing profession would not be able to change the Iqama profession.
- No transfer of sponsorship to the company.
- No transfer of sponsorship from the company.
- No Iqama renewal for expats with 6 marketing professions.
- No new visas.