Every expatriate having his family in Saudi Arabia needs to pay the dependent fee. Here is an expat dependent fee calculator which will help you to calculate your dependent fee liability according to the applicable rules in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Dependent Fee Calculator
Calculation of Dependent Fee
- July 2017 to June 2018: SR 100 per month.
- July 2018 to June 2019: SR 200 per month.
- July 2019 to June 2020: SR 300 per month.
- July 2020 to June 2021: SR 400 per month.
- Dependent fee after June 2021: SR 400 per month.
Some people think that there will be no dependent fee after 2022 or 2023 which is not true. The government of Saudi Arabia has not made any such announcement.
If your Iqama Expiry Date is March 31, 2020, you will have to pay the dependent fee for 12 Hijri months;
- 3 months @ SR 300/month = SR 900.
- 8 months 20 days @ SR 400/month = SR 3,500.
- Total Dependent Fee: SR 4,400 approx.
- 12 Hijri months = 11 months 20 days gregorian months.
Entering the above details in the expat dependent fee calculator given above would generate the following result.
The following 7 types of expatriates are exempt from paying the dependent fee.
- Government Employees.
- Domestic Workers.
- Non-Saudi children of a Saudi father or mother.
- Widow of a Saudi man.
- Husband or Wife of a Saudi spouse.
- Foreign Students living on a Student Visa.
- Non-Saudi parents of Saudi children.
Some Useful Calculators
Apart from the Dependent Fee calculator, we have produced some other useful calculators as well for your help.