Table of Contents
In case you have lost or damaged your car number plate in Saudi Arabia, you can replace it and change it with a new one following this procedure.
- There is SR 3,000 fine and 1 day in Jail for driving a car without a number plate.
The following documents are required to report and replace a damaged or lost car number plate in Saudi Arabia.
- Copy of Iqama.
- Copy of Istimara (vehicle registration).
- Copy of driving license.
- A print of the Saudi National Address.
- A filled نموزج طلب لوحات form.
- Payment of SR 100 fee.
- Saudi Police Report for the lost car number plate.
- Original Car Number plate (if damaged).
Report the lost car number plate in Absher
In order to replace the lost or stolen car number plate in Saudi Arabia, you need to report it through Absher.
- Log in to Absher https://www.absher.sa/
- Click on the “Services” tab under Vehicles.
- Select “Vehicles Management“.
- Choose the car under your ownership.
- Click on the “Report Lost or Stolen Plate“.
Absher will open a new page where you need to;
- Select “New Request“.
- Choose one from “Lost” or “Stolen“.
- Fill in the required details and submit the form.
Pay the fee to replace the car number plate
In order to pay the fee to replace the car number plate in Saudi Arabia, we are using Al Rajhi bank.
- Download the Application through PlayStore or iTunes.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Click on the “Payments” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the “Government Payments” button.
- Now select “Motor Vehicles“.
- Click on the option “Re-Issue License Plate (Two Plates)“.
On the next page writ the following;
- Current Owner ID: Iqama Number.
- Enter the Vehicle Sequence Number.
- Plate Issuance Reason: Lost.
- Logo: Issue the Vehicle License Plate without a Logo.
- Fee to replace a car number plate without a logo: SR 100.
- Fee to replace a car number plate wito a logo: SR 800.
Submit the request to the Traffic Police
The next step in changing the car number plate in Saudi Arabia is visiting the traffic police officer.
- Take the Muroor appointment with the purpose إصدار لوحة مركبة بدل تالف / فاقد.
- Submit all the above-mentioned documents to the designated officer.
- He will create the request to replace a damaged or lost number plate.
- He will ask you to come after 10 days to collect the new number plate.
Approval to drive with one number plate
In case only one of your car number plates are stolen or lost, you can fill the following form and get it stamped by the Muroor. It is actually an authorization to drive the vehicle with one number plate.
Collect the new number plate
You can visit the traffic police station on the given date to get the new number plate.
- There is no need to book an appointment.
- Replace the car number plate on your car.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.