Table of Contents
In case you have lost or damaged your car number plate in Saudi Arabia, you can replace it and change it with a new one following this procedure.
- There is a fine of SR 1,000 – 2,000 for driving a car without number plate.
The following documents are required to report and replace a damaged or lost car number plate in Saudi Arabia.
- Copy of Iqama.
- Copy of Istimara (vehicle registration).
- Copy of driving license.
- A print of the proof of Saudi National Address.
- A filled نموزج طلب لوحات form.
- Payment of SR 100 fee.
- Saudi Police Report for the lost car number plate.
- Original Car Number plate (if damaged).
Report the lost number plate to Saudi police
In order to replace the lost car number plate in Saudi Arabia, you need to report it to the nearest police station. There is no need to go to the Saudi police station in case of a damaged number plate.
- Locate the nearest police station.
- Visit the police station with the required documents.
- Report the lost number plate and get the receipt.
In order to pay the fee to replace the car number plate in Saudi Arabia, we are using Al Rajhi bank.
- Download the Application through PlayStore or iTunes.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Click on the three dots on the left-upper corner.
- Select “Payments”.
- Press the “Government Payments” button.
- Now select the “Motor Vehicles”.
- Click on the option “Re-Issue License Plate (Two Plates)”.
- Current Owner ID: Iqama Number.
- Vehicle Sequence Number: Enter the vehicle sequence number written on your Istimara.
- Find the Vehicle Sequence number online.
In the last step to pay the fee to replace a car number plate, the system will show the required amount of SR 100.
- Just press the confirm button to proceed.
The next step in changing the car number plate in Saudi Arabia is visiting the traffic police officer.
- Take the Muroor appointment with the purpose إصدار لوحة مركبة بدل تالف / فاقد.
- Submit all the above-mentioned documents to the designated officer.
- He will create the request to replace a damaged or lost number plate.
- He will ask you to come after 3,4 days to collect the new number plate.
Collect the new number plate
You can visit the traffic police station on the given date to get the new number plate.
- There is no need to make an appointment.
- Replace the car number plate on your car.