Table of Contents
Now you can update dependent passport information (Naqal Maloomat) online using the Absher website, its application, or through Tawasul. You would not be able to travel out of Saudi Arabia without updating your passport details in Absher.
Who can do the Naqal Maloomat online?
A sponsor/Kafeel is the only person who can update passport details in Jawazat.
- If you are an employee, your employer is responsible for this.
- Similarly, you can update dependent passport details in Absher.
- Your employer can update the passport of your dependents in Absher.
You can do the process to update passport information only within 12 months of the current passport expiry.
Update passport through Absher
Once you have logged in to your Absher account https://www.absher.sa/
- Click on the “Services” tab below the “Family Members Services“.
- Select the “Update Resident Passport Information” option.
- Click on the “Proceed” button on the next page.
- Passport number.
- Passport Issuance Date.
- Passport Expiry Date.
Once you click the button “Update passport information“, your record will be updated in the Absher system.
- Optical Character Recognition: First few digits of a long code written at the bottom of the main page of your passport.
- New Passport Issuance Country: Your home country.
- New Passport Issuance City: The capital of your home country.
Naqal Maloomat through Tawasul Service
If the online system does not work and you get the following message, there is no need to visit Jawazat.
“Sorry! You cannot update the passport information. Please visit Jawazat for more information.”
In this case, you can request Jawazat to update your dependent’s passport through the Tawasul service.
PDF File for Attachment
Make one separate PDF file for each family member with all the below-mentioned documents to upload to Absher.
You will have to request for one dependent at a time and wait for the information to be updated. Otherwise, the system would give this error “Sorry! You cannot submit this request. Description exceeded the allowed limit.“.
- Error Message Screenshot.
- Copy of the old passport.
- Saudi Visa stamped on the passport (if any).
- Copy of the new passport.
- Iqama copy of the dependent.
Update Passport Information with Tawasul
Now Log in to your Absher account https://www.absher.sa/.
- Click on the “Services” tab under “My Services“.
- Select “Passports“.
- Click on the “Tawasul” service.
A new page will open where you need to click on the “New Request” button.
Now change the language to Arabic and select the following settings;
- Sector: تحديث وتمديد جواز السفر
- Service: مشاكل تحديث جواز السفر
- Request Description: Write the Iqama number and the Border Number (if available).
- Attachment: Attach the PDF file you have created before.
- One application for one dependent.
- Naqal Maloomat of the passport will be done within one day.
Update Passport Information through Employer
Your employer has the right to update the passport information through the Muqeem system.
The GRO of your company has the access to do it. I have personally requested him the same and he did it for me in no time.
Check Naqal Maloomat Status online
After processing the request to update passport information through Absher or by visiting Jawazat, you should always check the Naqal Maloomat status online.
Check Naqal Maloomat Status for yourself
In order to check if the passport information of an expat with Absher account has been updated successfully, follow these steps;
- Login to your Absher account.
- Click on 3 dots and select “Dashboard”.
- Scroll down until you see “Passport” and then click on “More Details”.
- If you see the new passport expiry date, it means your passport information has been updated successfully.
In order to check the naqal maloomat status of a dependent;
- Login to your Absher account.
- Click on the “Services” button under “Family Members Services”.
- Select “Visa Services”.
- Press the “Next” button.
Select the dependent for whom you want to check the Naqal Maloomat status online by clicking on the “More Details”.
If you see the new passport expiry date in the details, it means that the passport information of your dependent has been updated successfully.
If the passport of a family visit visa holder expires, you need to visit Jawazat with the following documents after renewing the passport.
- Jawazat Appointment.
- Jawazat passport update form.
- Copy of old passport
- Copy of new passport
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of sponsor iqama
Jawazat passport update form:- All the fields marked orange would need your relevant details to be filled in.
Naqal Maloomat from outside Saudi Arabia
If the family member is outside Saudi Arabia, you would receive the following message while updating the passport details.
- The resident for whom the passport is to be registered must be inside the Kingdom.
You cannot do Naqal Maloomat of an Iqama holder while he/she is outside Saudi Arabia, instead you can;
- bring them to Saudi Arabia on a new passport.
- ask them to keep the old passport with them while traveling.
- get the immigration stamp on the new passport.
- Update the passport information once they are in KSA. (same procedure).
Penalty on Naqal Maloomat
There is a penalty of SAR 1,000 to update dependent passport information in Absher or Jawazat if the old passport is lost.
What to do if the Passport is renewed in Home Country?
If your passport has been renewed in the home country, you can enter back to Saudi Arabia on a new passport. However, after entering the country you need to follow the above procedure to update passport information in Absher.