Table of Contents
Tourists can enter Saudi Arabia either on an Umrah visa or on a tourist visa. If you are unable to decide which one to choose, here are the major differences between an Umrah visa v/s tourist visa.
Difference 1: Nationality
Tourist Visa: Citizens of 49 countries can apply for a Saudi tourist visa. Moreover, People with a valid U.S, U.K or Schengen Visa on their passport can get an on-arrival tourist visa to Saudi Arabia.
Umrah Visa: Anyone can apply for an Umrah visa from any country in the world.
Difference 2: Religion
The second and most basic difference between Umrah and Saudi tourist visa is the religion;
- Tourist Visa: Anyone can apply for a Saudi tourist visa irrespective of religion.
- Umrah Visa: Only Muslims can apply for an Umrah visa.
Difference 3: Fee
- Tourist Visa: The fee to apply for Saudi Tourist Visa is SR 440.
- Umrah Visa: There is no official fee to apply for an Umrah visa. However, agents charge some amount as document processing charges.
Difference 4: Method of applying
- Tourist Visa: You can apply for it online.
- Umrah Visa: You can only apply for it through an agent.
Difference 5: Validity
Another major difference between the Umrah visa v/s tourist visa is its validity;
- Tourist Visa is a multiple-entry visa with a maximum duration of stay of 90 days.
- Umrah Visa is a single-entry visa with a maximum duration of stay of 90 days.
Difference 6: Insurance
- Tourist Visa are required to take travel insurance while entering Saudi Arabia. This insurance covers only emergency cases.
- Umrah Visa: The health treatment of Umrah visa holders is covered by the Saudi Government no matter if it is an emergency or routine treatment.
- How to get free dialysis on Umrah visa?
Difference 7: Arrival at KSA
- Tourist Visa holders can enter Saudi Arabia at any time of the year.
- Umrah Visa: Saudi embassy stops issuing Umrah visas during the hajj season.
Difference 8: Carrying ZamZam
- Tourist Visa holders cannot take ZamZam while leaving Saudi Arabia.
- Umrah Visa holders are allowed to take one ZamZam bottle each.
- How to take ZamZam Water from Saudi Airports?
Similarities between Umrah and Tourist visa
There are some similarities between Umrah and Tourist visa holders too;
- Both visa holders can perform Umrah.
- You cannot perform Hajj on any of these visas.
- Both visa holders can enter Saudi Arabia through any airport.
- Both visa holders can visit any city.