Table of Contents
Tourists can enter Saudi Arabia either on an Umrah visa or on a tourist visa. If you are unable to decide which one to choose, here are the major differences between an Umrah visa v/s tourist visa.
Difference 1: Nationality
Tourist Visa: Citizens of 49 countries can apply for a Saudi tourist visa. Moreover, People with a valid U.S, U.K or Schengen Visa on their passport can get an on-arrival tourist visa to Saudi Arabia.
Umrah Visa: Anyone can apply for an Umrah visa from any country in the world.
Difference 2: Religion
The second and most basic difference between Umrah and Saudi tourist visa is the religion;
- Tourist Visa: Anyone can apply for a Saudi tourist visa irrespective of religion.
- Umrah Visa: Only Muslims can apply for an Umrah visa.
Difference 3: Fee
- Tourist Visa: The fee to apply for Saudi Tourist Visa is SR 440.
- Umrah Visa: There is no official fee to apply for an Umrah visa. However, agents charge some amount as document processing charges.
Difference 4: Method of applying
- Tourist Visa: You can apply for it online.
- Umrah Visa: You can only apply for it through an agent.
Difference 5: Validity
Another major difference between the Umrah visa v/s tourist visa is its validity;
- Tourist Visa is a multiple-entry visa with a maximum duration of stay of 90 days.
- Umrah Visa is a single-entry visa with a maximum duration of stay of 90 days.
Difference 6: Insurance
- Tourist Visa are required to take travel insurance while entering Saudi Arabia. This insurance covers only emergency cases.
- Umrah Visa: The health treatment of Umrah visa holders is covered by the Saudi Government no matter if it is an emergency or routine treatment.
- How to get free dialysis on Umrah visa?
Difference 7: Arrival at KSA
- Tourist Visa holders can enter Saudi Arabia at any time of the year.
- Umrah Visa: Saudi embassy stops issuing Umrah visas during the hajj season.
Difference 8: Carrying ZamZam
- Tourist Visa holders cannot take ZamZam while leaving Saudi Arabia.
- Umrah Visa holders are allowed to take one ZamZam bottle each.
- How to take ZamZam Water from Saudi Airports?
Similarities between Umrah and Tourist visa
There are some similarities between Umrah and Tourist visa holders too;
- Both visa holders can perform Umrah.
- You cannot perform Hajj on any of these visas.
- Both visa holders can enter Saudi Arabia through any airport.
- Both visa holders can visit any city.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.