Table of Contents
We face the issue of wrong parking every day in Saudi Arabia because the fine for illegal parking is too minimal and there is no process to report it.
Wrong parking fine in Saudi Arabia
There are 3 categories of wrong parking fines in Saudi Arabia;
- SR 500 fine for parking at the place designated for special needs drivers.
- SR 300 fine for parking on public roads without safety precautions.
- SR 100 fine for parking at the places where parking is not allowed (explained below).
- List of new traffic fines in Saudi Arabia
In 95% of cases, people get a fine of only SR 100 for illegal parking in Saudi Arabia which is the main reason for the high rate of violations.
In 2016, when the traffic police increased the fine for crossing a red signal in Saudi Arabia from SR 500 to SR 3,000, the traffic violations reduced significantly.
Report wrong parking with كلنا امن
You can report wrong parking in Saudi Arabia through the كلنا امن application. In order to do it;
- Download كلنا امن from Google PlayStore or Apple Store.
- Register your account with the application.
- Click on “My Incidents“.
- Select “New Incident“.
- Navigate the location of the incident.
- Type of Incident: Highways.
- Incident Description: Describe the whole incident in English/Arabic.
- Attach at least one image or video.
- Click on “Agree” on the next screen.
That’s it, you have successfully reported the wrong parking to the Saudi Traffic police. They will review and impose a fine on the vehicle owner.
Report wrong parking using Twitter
If someone blocks your car by parking illegally, you can report the wrong parking to the traffic police. Make a video of the vehicle with the wrong parking in a way that;
- the number plate of the violating vehicle is captured.
- the face of any person is not recognizable in the video.
- elaborate on the violation in the video.
- Tweet the video by tagging @eMoroor.
- What is the fine for taking pictures without permission?
You can check that they take immediate action if a traffic violation is reported to them with evidence.
نشكر لكم اهتمامكم وحرصكم ونفيدكم بأنه تم ضبط قائد المركبة، وتطبيق العقوبات المقررة بالنظام pic.twitter.com/p9RIZyDe9x
— المرور السعودي (@eMoroor) April 30, 2022
Places where parking is not allowed
Saudi Traffic (Muroor) police have listed down 9 places where parking is not allowed in Saudi Arabia.
- On the bridges.
- In the middle of a road.
- At a footpath or the pedestrian pathways.
- At a distance of 15 meters or less from the traffic signal.
- On the sidewalks, footpaths, or areas designated for pedestrians
- At places that have already been designated for other vehicles.
- In the opposite direction.
- From a distance of 15 meters or less from a turn
- At a distance of 1 and a half meters or less from a school corridor.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.