Table of Contents
If your Iqama is lost in Saudi Arabia, you need to report it to the police, pay the fee or penalty applicable in 2021 and get the print of the new Iqama. We have shared the updated procedure below.
Fee/Penalty for the Lost Iqama
The fee or penalty applicable for the lost Iqama in 2021 depends upon the following factors;
- Iqama is stolen and reported to police within 24 hours = No Fee.
- Iqama is lost for the;
- first time = SR 1,000.
- second time = SR 2,000.
- third time = SR 3,000.
- Source: Ministry of Interior.
Inform your Sponsor
The first and most important step is to inform your sponsor about the missing Iqama if it is not found after a reasonable search. This procedure is to be followed by the sponsor.
- Employee’s sponsor: Kafeel/GRO of the company.
- Dependent’s Sponsor: Head of the Family.
Visit the nearest police station to report the lost Iqama along with the sponsor. Here you will be required to write an application in Arabic explaining how the iqama is lost.
Keep in mind, there is no fee if the police report states that your iqama is stolen. If it states that the Iqama is lost, the normal penalty is applicable.
In the next step, your sponsor is required to visit Jawazat along with the following documents to get the new print in replacement of a lost Iqama;
- Jawazat Appointment with the purpose “Resident Services“.
- Download Iqama Form and fill it in Arabic.
- Police Report.
- Payment of the fee to replace Iqama.
- Iqama copy of the dependent.
- Passport copy of the dependent.
- Iqama copy of the head of the family.
- Passport copy of the head of the family.
It is better to let an agent sitting in front of the Jawazat office fill the form for SR 15-20. He will guide you about the office of the Jawazat manager where you need to go
- Take the form along with the required documents to the manager for signature.
- He will ask you to take it to the “Naqal Maloomat” counter who will cancel the lost iqama and stamp it on the form.
- Submit your file to the Iqama printing section and the Iqama will be printed immediately.
Unfortunately, there is no utility to report a lost Iqama through the Absher platform.