If a family visit visa expires in Saudi Arabia, the visit visa holder has to pay a penalty or fine for the expiry of the visa and go through the deportation procedure to go back to the home country.
Visit Visa Expiry Fine
In case a visit visa holder is not able to extend a family visit visa within 3 days of its expiry, he will have to pay the following visit visa expiry fines in Saudi Arabia.
- Fine during coronavirus pandemic: SR 400.
- 1st Time Overstay: SR 15,000 fine + deportation.
- 2nd Time Overstay: SR 25,000 fine + deportation.
- 3rd Time Overstay: SR 50,000 fine + deportation + 6 months Jail.
However, in case of a medical emergency in Saudi Arabia, the visit visa expiry fine can be waived-off. – Saudi Gazette
What to do if a family visit visa expires?
In the case of the expiry of the family visit visa in Saudi Arabia, the visa holder will have to pay the fine and go through the deportation procedure.
- Original Passport of the Visit Visa holder.
- Original Iqama of the sponsor.
- Jawazat form.
- Passport size photograph of the visit visa holder.
- Letter from the doctor in case of medical emergencies.
- The next step is to visit the Jawazat office which deals with family affairs.
- Get the form filled by an agent sitting in front of the Jawazat offices.
- Submit the form to the Jawazat officer who will write “Tarheel” on the application and ask you to go to the deportation center.
Visit the Deportation Center
Go to the deportation center along with the visit visa holder. They will take the fingerprints of the person who overstayed and stamp his passport.
- Shumaisi Deportation Center in Jeddah: Map Location.
Request to waive the fine
Now go back to the Jawazat office where the officer will impose a fine or penalty for the expired family visit visa in Saudi Arabia.
- In case of medical emergencies supported by evidence, no fine is imposed.
- On a simple request, the fine is reduced to SR 500 or SR 1,000.
- Upon the payment of fine, the visa will be extended from 3 to 7 days.
- Make sure that the visit visa holder leaves Saudi Arabia within the time provided.
Working on a Family Visit Visa
It is strictly not allowed to work on a family visit visa in Saudi Arabia. If someone is caught, a heavy fine is imposed on 3 people.
- Heavy fine + deportation for the visa holder.
- Heavy fine on the sponsor Iqama holder.
- Heavy fine on the employer.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.