Table of Contents
Have you ever wondered what is written on the Kiswa of the Holy Kaaba? In order to understand what is written on the Kiswah or the Ghilaf e Kaaba, we need to know the names of the 4 corners of the Holy Kaaba.
4 corners of the Holy Kaaba
- Ruknu ‘l-Aswad – the southeast corner with Hajar al-Aswad.
- Rukn ‘l-`Iraqi – ‘the `Iraqi corner’.
- Ruknu sh’-Shami – ‘the Levantine corner’.
- Ruknu ‘l-Yamani – ‘the Yemeni corner’.
Between Rukn Iraqi and Hajr e Aswad
There are some verses of Surah Baqrah written on Kiswa of the Holy Kaaba between the Iraqi corner and Hajr e Aswad.
If you look above the Iraqi corner, on the left side of the door of the Holy Kaaba, the verse of 125 of the Surah Al Baqrah is written on the Kiswa.
- وَإِذ جَعَلنَا البَيتَ مَثابَةً لِلنّاسِ وَأَمنًا وَاتَّخِذوا مِن مَقامِ إِبراهيمَ مُصَلًّى ۖ وَعَهِدنا إِلىٰ إِبراهيمَ وَإِسماعيلَ أَن طَهِّرا بَيتِيَ لِلطّائِفينَ وَالعاكِفينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجودِ
- When We made the Holy Kaaba a frequented place for men and a place of peace! Make from the Station of Ibrāhīm a place of prayer. We gave the (following directive) to Ibrāhīm and Ismā‘īl: “Purify My House for those who are to make Tawāf and those who stay in I‘tikāf, and those who bow down or prostrate themselves (in prayers).
- Quran 2:125
The verses 127,128 of Surah al Baqrah are written above the door of the Holy Kaaba on the Ghilaf e Kaaba.
- وَاِذۡ يَرۡفَعُ اِبۡرٰهٖمُ الۡقَوَاعِدَ مِنَ الۡبَيۡتِ وَاِسۡمٰعِيۡلُؕ رَبَّنَا تَقَبَّلۡ مِنَّا ؕ اِنَّكَ اَنۡتَ السَّمِيۡعُ الۡعَلِيۡمُ
- When Ibrāhīm was raising up the foundations of the House, along with Ismā‘īl (supplicating): “Our Lord accept (this service) from us! Indeed, You – and You alone – are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing!
- Quran 2:127.
- رَبَّنَا وَاجۡعَلۡنَا مُسۡلِمَيۡنِ لَـكَ وَ مِنۡ ذُرِّيَّتِنَآ اُمَّةً مُّسۡلِمَةً لَّكَ وَاَرِنَا مَنَاسِكَنَا وَتُبۡ عَلَيۡنَا اِنَّكَ اَنۡتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيۡمُ
- Our Lord, make us both submissive to You, and (make) of our progeny as well, a people submissive to You and show us our ways of Pilgrimage and accept our repentance. Indeed, You – and You alone – are the Most-Relenting, the Very-Merciful.
- Quran 2:128.
If you look at the left side of the door of the Holy Kaaba, it is written that the Kiswa has been prepared in Makkah and gifted by Aal Saud family to the house of Allah.
If you look above the Hajr e Aswad, you will find الله أكبر written 4 times on the Kiswa of the Holy Kaaba.
Between Iraqi corner and Shami corner
Now we are going to learn what is written on Ghilaf e Kaaba upon the wall of the Holy Kaaba between Rukn Iraqi and Rukn Shami. People know this wall as the wall of Meezab Rehmat.
Just below the Meezab Rehmat, upon the Shami corner of the Holy Kaaba, verses 197,198 and 199 of Surah Baqrah are written on Kiswa.
- اَلۡحَجُّ اَشۡهُرٌ مَّعۡلُوۡمٰتٌ فَمَنۡ فَرَضَ فِيۡهِنَّ الۡحَجَّ فَلَا رَفَثَ وَلَا فُسُوۡقَۙ وَلَا جِدَالَ فِى الۡحَجِّ وَمَا تَفۡعَلُوۡا مِنۡ خَيۡرٍ يَّعۡلَمۡهُ اللّٰهُ وَتَزَوَّدُوۡا فَاِنَّ خَيۡرَ الزَّادِ التَّقۡوٰى وَاتَّقُوۡنِ يٰٓاُولِى الۡاَلۡبَابِ
- The Hajj is (to be performed in) the months that are well-known. So whoever undertakes Hajj in them, there should be no obscenity, no sin, no quarrel in the Hajj. Whatever good you do, Allah will know it. Take provisions along, for the merit of (having) provision is to abstain (from begging), and fear Me, O men of understanding!
- Quran 2:197.
- لَيْسَ عَلَيْكُمْ جُنَاحٌ أَن تَبْتَغُوا فَضْلًا مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ فَإِذَا أَفَضْتُم مِّنْ عَرَفَاتٍ فَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ عِندَ الْمَشْعَرِ الْحَرَامِ
- There is no sin on you that you seek the grace of your Lord (by trading). Later, when you flow down from ‘Arafāt, recite the name of Allah near Al-Mash‘ar-ul-Harām.
- Quran 2:198
- ثُمَّ أَفِيضُوا مِنْ حَيْثُ أَفَاضَ النَّاسُ وَاسْتَغْفِرُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيم
- Surge down where the rest of the people do and ask forgiveness of God: He is most forgiving and merciful.
- Quran 2:199
On the wall between the Iraqi corner and Shami corner of the Holy Kaaba, on the second line of Kiswa, verse 49 of Surah Hijr is written.
- نَبِّئْ عِبَادِي أَنِّي أَنَا الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيم
- Tell My servants that I am the Most-Forgiving, the Very-Merciful.
- Quran 15:49
The next line on the same wall of the Holy Kaaba between the Iraqi corner and Shami corner, verse 186 of Surah Baqrah is written.
- وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُون
- When My servants ask you about Me, then (tell them that) I am near. I respond to the call of one when he prays to Me; so they should respond to Me, and have faith in Me, so that they may be on the right path.
- Quran 2:186
Between Rukn Shami and Rukn Yamani
Now we are going to learn what is written on Ghilaf e Kaaba upon the wall of the Holy Kaaba between the Shami corner and Rukn Yamani.
On the wall between Rukn Shami and Rukn Yamani of the Holy Kaaba, verses 26, 27, 28, and 29 of Surah Hajj are written on Kiswa.
- وَإِذْ بَوَّأْنَا لِإِبْرَاهِيمَ مَكَانَ الْبَيْتِ أَن لَّا تُشْرِكْ بِي شَيْئًا وَطَهِّرْ بَيْتِيَ لِلطَّائِفِينَ وَالْقَائِمِينَ وَالرُّكَّعِ السُّجُود. وَأَذِّن فِي النَّاسِ بِالْحَجِّ يَأْتُوكَ رِجَالًا وَعَلَىٰ كُلِّ ضَامِرٍ يَأْتِينَ مِن كُلِّ فَجٍّ عَمِيق
- And (remember) when We pointed out for Ibrāhīm the place of the Holy Kaaba saying, “Do not associate anything with Me as My partner and purify My House for those who make Tawāf, and those who perform Qiyām and those who perform Rukū‘ and Sujūd, and announce among people about Hajj, so that they should come to you on foot, and on every camel turned lean, traveling through every distant hilly pathway.
- Quran 22:26-27
- لِّيَشْهَدُوا مَنَافِعَ لَهُمْ وَيَذْكُرُوا اسْمَ اللَّهِ فِي أَيَّامٍ مَّعْلُومَاتٍ عَلَىٰ مَا رَزَقَهُم مِّن بَهِيمَةِ الْأَنْعَامِ فَكُلُوا مِنْهَا وَأَطْعِمُوا الْبَائِسَ الْفَقِير. ثُمَّ لْيَقْضُوا تَفَثَهُمْ وَلْيُوفُوا نُذُورَهُمْ وَلْيَطَّوَّفُوا بِالْبَيْتِ الْعَتِيق
- so that they witness benefits for them, and recite Allah’s name in specified days, over the provision He gave them from the cattle. “So, eat thereof and feed the distressed, the poor.” Then, they must remove their dirt, and fulfill their vows, and make Tawāf of the Ancient House.”
- Quran 22:28-29
On the wall between the Shami corner and Rukn Yamani of the Holy Kaaba, on the second line of Kiswa, verse 47 of Surah Ahzab is written.
- وَبَشِّرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ بِأَنَّ لَهُم مِّنَ اللَّهِ فَضْلًا كَبِيرً
- Give good news to the believers that they are going to receive a huge bounty from Allah.
- Quran 33:47
The next line on the same wall of the Holy Kaaba between Shami corner and Rukn Yamani, verse 110 of Surah Nisa is written.
- وَمَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءًا أَوْ يَظْلِمْ نَفْسَهُ ثُمَّ يَسْتَغْفِرِ اللَّهَ يَجِدِ اللَّهَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمً
- Whoever acts evil or wrongs himself, then seeks forgiveness from Allah, shall find Allah Most-Forgiving, Very-Merciful.
- Quran 4:110
Between Hajr e Aswad and Rukn Yamani
Now we are going to learn what is written on Kiswa upon the wall of the Holy Kaaba between Hajr e Aswad and Rukn Yamani.
On the wall between Rukn Yamani and Hajr e Aswas of the Holy Kaaba, verses 95, 96, and 97 of Surah Aal Imran are written on Kiswa.
- قُلْ صَدَقَ اللَّهُ فَاتَّبِعُوا مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِين
- Say, “Allah has told the truth. So, follow the Faith of Ibrāhīm, the upright one. He was not one of those who ascribe partners to Allah.”
- Quran 3:95
- إِنَّ أَوَّلَ بَيْتٍ وُضِعَ لِلنَّاسِ لَلَّذِي بِبَكَّةَ مُبَارَكًا وَهُدًى لِّلْعَالَمِين
- The first house set up for the people is surely the one in Makkah having blessings and guidance for all the worlds.
- Quran 3:96
- فِيهِ آيَاتٌ بَيِّنَاتٌ مَّقَامُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَمَن دَخَلَهُ كَانَ آمِنًا وَلِلَّهِ عَلَى النَّاسِ حِجُّ الْبَيْتِ مَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ إِلَيْهِ سَبِيلًا وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ غَنِيٌّ عَنِ الْعَالَمِين
- In it, there are clear signs: The Station of Ibrāhīm! Whoever enters it is secure. As a right of Allah, it is obligatory on the people to perform Hajj of the House – on everyone who has the ability to manage (his) way to it. If one disbelieves, then Allah is independent of all the worlds.
- Quran 3:97
On the wall between the Rukn Yamani and Hajr e Aswad of the Holy Kaaba, on the second line of Kiswa, verse 32 of Surah Hajj is written.
- ذَٰلِكَ وَمَن يُعَظِّمْ شَعَائِرَ اللَّهِ فَإِنَّهَا مِن تَقْوَى الْقُلُوب
- Having said that, if one observes the sanctity of the symbols of Allah, then such things emanate from the piety of the hearts.
- Quran 22:32
The next line on the same wall of the Holy Kaaba between Hajr e Aswad and Rukn Yamani, verse 82 of Surah Taha is written.
- وَإِنِّي لَغَفَّارٌ لِّمَن تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ صَالِحًا ثُمَّ اهْتَدَى
- Surely I am the Most-Forgiving for him who repents and believes and acts righteously, then follows the right path.
- Quran 20:82
On all 4 corners of the Holy Kaaba, Surah Akhlas is written on the upper side of the Kiswa.
- .قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ. اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ. لَمْ يَلِدْ وَ لَمْ يُولَدْ. وَ لَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدُ
- Say: He, Allah, is One, Allah is He on Whom all depend, He begets not, nor is He begotten, Nor has He any equal.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.