Table of Contents
There are 4 types of road lines in Saudi Arabia solid white, solid yellow, broken white, and broken yellow, what is their meaning?
Solid Lines on the Road
When there is a solid line on the road in Saudi Arabia it means, it is a single-lane road and two-way traffic is on the road which is why drivers are not allowed to cross other cars and overtake them.
Broken Lines on the Road
The broken lines show that the road is one-way traffic on the road and drivers can pass and overtake other cars going ahead of them.
Yellow Lines on the Road
The yellow lines whether broken or continued or solid are used to classify the traffic flow on the road i.e. Yellow lines determine the center point of the road and divide the road into two halves, on which two-way traffic can pass.
- A solid or continuous yellow line shows the restriction of overtaking.
- A broken yellow line shows that drivers can overtake when it is safe to overtake the vehicle.
- If there are both solid and broken yellow lines painted on the road, the driver can pass only if the broken or discontinued yellow line is on his side of the road.
White Lines on the Road
White lines whether they are broken or solid, also show the classification of traffic.
- If white lines are marked on the pavement, it means that the traffic flow is in your direction.
- Solid or continuous white lines are painted to indicate the external boundary of a road; they are also used to indicate different lanes where the traffic flow is in the same direction.
- To split two different lanes of traffic those are going in one direction; double solid white lines are painted.
I hope now you are able to understand the difference between broken yellow and white lines on roads. Make sure you abide by the traffic rules too.