Handling kids in supermarkets is a tough job. They tend to pick up different things and even break them up. Kids also get misplaced while shopping in the marts as parents are busy selecting things. Thereby it is very convenient for parents to place their child in the shopping cart.
This way not only the child is secure, but also it makes parent's relaxed and they can carry on shopping without worrying about the child. Even some grown-up children are placed in the shopping carts, most probably they ask for the free ride.
You see, for kids it’s fun. So my point here is that placing children in shopping carts is common practice.
But next time think twice before you place your child in the shopping cart. You might be risking your child’s life. Yes, placing a child in the shopping cart is risky. A child named Logan just passed away because of the very reason.
Vivianne, Logan’s mother, would go to the shopping mart every week to purchase weekly household items. Like every week, she places Logan in the shopping cart and started to fill her cart. The boy was having a toy in the hand. The toy was used by the little one to scratch his gums.
It did not take Vivianne more than 30 minutes in the shopping mart. She always made a list of items and grabbed them as quickly as possible. Yet she never knew that these 30 minutes were enough to make Logan catch up life-taking germs.
She came home, gave Logan his bottle of milk and put him off to sleep. But to her surprise, the child didn’t wake up at 2 PM. Logan would always wake up by 2. The mother got anxious, Logan had slept at his time and should have woke up by 2.
So she went to examine him. To her surprise, Logan was in a deep sleep and was covered with sweat. The poor boy was going through a fever. Vivianne got another shock after 30 minutes when Logan vomited. She and her husband rushed towards the hospital.
The healthy boy got terribly sick all of a sudden. The doctors were a surprise too. The boy was examined for an hour. Different doctors were called to Logan’s. Finally, after an hour, doctors were able to conclude that what had actually happened.
They disclosed that Logan has been attacked by four different viruses. The names of these dangerous viruses were adenovirus, rotavirus, salmonellosis, and meningitis. The parents were in shock. How had Logan caught up these viruses? He was fine and healthy; how did he fell so ill suddenly?
The doctors explained that the reason behind Logan’s illness was a shopping cart. The cart is used by multiple people. The individuals and children are sick and their germs are transmitted to the cart. The carts’ handle carries some very deadly germs.
A cart may look clean yet it isn’t: it is in fact housed by various viruses. These invisible germs were the reason for Logan’s illness.
The boy was being treated. He was suffering from severe diarrhea. The body was being hydrated. Yet the boy could not withstand the attack of dangerous viruses and passed away in the hospital within 2 days. The boy’s mother is indeed facing a great loss and has shared her story so that none would go through such a loss.