Table of Contents
Many people do not know that there are 5 types of Tawaf in Islam and each one is performed in a different way. Here are the details;
Performing Tawaf of the Holy Kaaba is one of the fard acts of Umrah. This type of Tawaf is performed wearing Ihram. The Umrah is invalid without Tawaf.
There are 3 types of Hajj in Islam and Tawaf al Qadoom is performed with Hajj Tamattu. Tawaf al Qudoom is also called the welcome Tawaf as it is performed before starting the Hajj.
- The pilgrims are required to wear Ihram while performing this type of Tawaf.
- Performing Raml is a sunnah during Tawaf al Qudoom.
Tawaf-al-Ifada or Tawaf al Ziyarah
Performing a Tawaf al Ziyarah or Tawaf al Ifada at any time after getting free from sacrifice, shaving your head, and changing your Ihram from the morning of the 10th Dhul Hijjah till the sunset of the 12th Dhul Hijjah is fard of Hajj.
- However, you are not required to wear Ihram for Tawaf al Ifada.
- Performing Raml is a sunnah during Tawaf al Ifada.
Tawaf al Wida or farewell Tawaf is a wajib act of Hajj for those pilgrims who have come to perform Hajj from outside the boundaries of Miqat. People living within the boundaries of Miqat are not required to perform it. Once again, there is no need to wear Ihram for Tawaf al Wida.
Performing Tawaf is a Nafl act and it can be performed anytime without wearing an Ihram. Normally, people perform a Nafl Tawaf whenever they want in Masjid al-Haram. However, these days worshippers are not allowed to perform Nafl tawaf due to coronavirus restrictions.
Guidelines for Tawaf
- Wudu is required to perform Tawaf.
- While the women are allowed to perform all the hajj duties during their menstruation cycle, they are prohibited from performing tawaf and sai.
- The private parts of men and women during the tawaf shall be covered.
- The tawaf shall start and end from the Hajar e Aswad. The black stone is directed to be the finishing and starting point of tawaf.
- The tawaf is to be done in the round and not in the hateem area. If the person enters the hateem while performing Tawaf then that round becomes invalid and has to be done in the round areas and not the sidewalks.
- Tawaf has seven rounds and it is necessary to complete them all. Missing a single round would make tawaf invalid.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.