The story of SINTA brought tears in my Eyes – Part 3

The story of SINTA brought tears in my Eyes – Part 1

The story of SINTA brought tears in my Eyes – Part 2

SINTA had not seen birds and trees for years

She had not seen the trees and birds chirping around it. She had missed this all for so many years! So, one day I forced her to get out of the room in the day time while reaching the cafeteria she was frightened to look at people and when she reached out, she was much delighted.

She was so joyful that she started to cry. She was amazed to eat the ice-cream I offered as though she was eating it for the very first time. I was so happy to see her delighted that I wished she never stepped in a hospital again.

Her health had seriously been affected. She had gained weight because of her years of imprisonment and her blood pressure remained high. Her unhealthy diet remained unchanged even upon educating her on it.

Ultimately she had a mild stroke

Once she went through a mild stroke because of her high Blood pressure. The stroke caused the left half of her face paralyzed. The serious health issues alarmed the family: who would take care of Mama if Santa wouldn’t!

They were so frightened of the thought that Mama’s daughter accompanied Sinta to have her CT scan on a wheelchair; they called for best test and treatment for Sinta!

They were not concerned with Sinta; they were concerned for Mama! With all the prolong miseries Sinta still didn’t run away, she had affiliations with Mama and a pure heart which did not allow her to leave the poor old lady.

It was easy to escape from the hospital, but she never chose to do it! Even though the hospital and medical team were neglecting Ameenah, the family would charge Sinta for this.

The family was reluctant to keep their Mama Ameenah at home

They would attribute the falling health of the mama Ameenah towards Sinta. The family was even reluctant to take their mother home for home-based nurse care.

This would have been better from the health point of view as she would have been provided with a better atmosphere: lying in a dark hospital room is not healthy.

One needs to feel the fresh air, people standing by giving hope and happening around: these are the catalyst for health and recovery. God knows why the family was so reluctant to take their mother home!

Looking at the patient’s condition from the medical and ethical point of view, having her lying in this small dark hospital room was the worst thing they could have done to their mother.

An Indonesian housemaid, Sinta was the sitter at the hospital. Even though she came to the Kingdom as a housemaid, yet none of the Spinster family members were ready to be a sitter. They would not even attend their mother for a few hours.

They were busy in their lives and would come once a week or so and that for a limited time. This kind of treatment affected the health of both Sinta and Mama badly.

If any of the family members volunteered to be a sitter, Sinta could have gotten free time for rest and Mama could have been feeling better because one needs one’s own in this state of health. 

SINTA continued to serve the patient after a mild stroke

Even though Sinta herself suffered a mild stroke, she was serving Mama at the same old routine. A few concerned shown towards Sinta by the family was just because they feared to lose a permanent sitter.

She sat in the hospital taking care of mama for years; she hadn’t stepped out of the hospital even once! The family would not allow her to go back home and take a few days off even once in a couple of years! 

But she was hopeful, for herself and others. I never saw her broken. She was so supportive that it amazed me. With such a miserable life, there she was with a smile.  She never complains about anything; she never spoke something bad about anyone.

She would never say something which would reflect her miseries. She had such a bad experience with Saudis, yet she supported me throughout when I was to marry a Saudi guy. She supported me from the very beginning.

SINTA helped me out in getting married to a Saudi

She and I knew each other for 4 years; she knew how I met my husband and how difficult it was to get married. Neither I was supported by any friends nor was his family ready to accept me.

It took more than a year to convince them, but not a single time Sinta let me broke (emotionally). We have gone through a lot. My fiancé was not getting the permission to marry me. They threaten him that they would disown him.

My in-laws were reluctant to make me the part of their family.  Except for Sinta, no one gave me hope. Rather the only advice people gave was to leave him I was wasting my time!

Her approach was so practical, she advised me to pray. She told me that she would pray every day for her betterment. She advised me to send to be in-laws some gifts to soften their hearts.

I did send a bracelet through my fiancé for his mother, but it was rejected. I told this to Sinta with a broken heart but she gave me strength that things will be better soon.

She suggested me to go for traveling 

After a year, when I was still in the same situation, she told me to travel: leave the place for a while. When I did go for a 3-month short world tour, it gave me positive vibes.

My worries were gone for a while; I felt relaxed and could think in a new and better direction.  Surprisingly things turned out to be much better after my return. I felt bad for Sinta on my return: she had been still in the same ward hosting Mama.

Both Health’s had deteriorated than before. Mama was paralyzed and her brain had been almost dead. There are bacteria in the hospital which is dangerous for such patients. 

Unhygienic practices also cause these bacteria to get strong and cause severe effects. Mama was safe from such infections earlier because of Sinta’s tireless efforts.  With the advent of Super-bacterial infection on mama and random seizures, Sinta terms of prison became harsher.

Mama Ameena passed away one day

After a few months, I heard about passing away of Mama Ameenah. The poor soul got a severe convulsion and was admitted to ICU. After being admitted she died shortly. What happened to Sinta is really a mystery.

I believe she was sent home when the patient was admitted to ICU, as attendants are not allowed there. I did try to contact her, but her cell phone is turned off. 

SINTA went missing after that day

No staff member knew where Sinta went, not even the ward housekeeper who was her friend! I do drop text on the number, but still waiting for the reply from the other end!

The phone gets on for a while, but nobody receives my calls or replies to my text. I guess the number has been passed on to someone else. Let’s just hope that Sinta’s life had turned towards betterment.

The death of Mama should have softened the hearts of the family and they shall have let Sinta go and reunite with her loved ones. I hope they had realized Sinta’s effort and be kind to her!

I hope Mama’s death turned out to be a miracle for Sinta’s life. Hope to meet her without her miseries and worries! Hope she is fine and healthy!

Source: Blue Abaya

For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.

Never pay the full price, download Saudi Coupon Codes application and get all discount codes in one place.

Steve has been living in Saudi Arabia since 2013 and writing about Saudi rules, regulations, guides, and procedures since then.