Table of Contents
Thailand is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and therefore, its capital Bangkok was the most visited city in 2019. In this article, we have explained the process to apply for a Thailand visit visa from Saudi Arabia for Pakistanis, Saudis Egyptians and all other nationalities which involves submitting an application form and paying the fee.
Thailand On-Arrival Visa
Before going into details, you should check if you can get an on-arrival or a visa-free entry to Thailand.
- Due to bilateral agreements with the Thai government, the citizens of 64 countries can enter Thailand without a visa.
- Moreover, the citizens of 19 countries are allowed to get an on-arrival visa to Thailand.
Apply for Thailand Visa from Saudi Arabia
If you are not a national of any of the countries given above such as Pakistani, Bangladesh, and Egypt, you should follow the procedure given below to apply for a Thailand visit visa from Saudi Arabia.
Thailand visa requirements from Saudi Arabia
- Thailand Visa Application form can be downloaded from this link.
- Thai Visa checklist can be downloaded from this link.
- Visa Information Summary (VIS) form will be given to you by the Riyadh Embassy or Jeddah consulate.
- Three recent photographs (3.5cm X 4.5cm)
- Original Passport with at least 6 months' validity along with a Photocopy.
- Confirmed fully paid return ticket from Thailand.
- Confirmed Hotel Booking during your stay in Thailand. The booking made through Agoda.com is considered confirmed by the Thai authorities.
- Bank Statement for a period of 6 months. If the balance of your bank statement is THB 200,000 maintained throughout the period of 6 months, you are more likely to be accepted for a Thailand visa.
- Letter of Introduction by the employer with a stamp from the Chamber of Commerce. Recommended: Sample Introduction Letter for Visa Processing
- Copy of Iqama.
- Copy of Exit Reentry Visa
- If your employer is an individual, you also need a copy of his Saudi Nationality Card.
- If you are going on a business tour, you need to get an invitation letter from the company you are going to visit.
Visit the Embassy or Consulate
After filling the application form, visa checklist and arranging all the above-mentioned requirements for the Thailand visa, visit either the Thailand embassy in Riyadh or Jeddah Consulate. Here are the map locations;
- Thailand Embassy Riyadh: https://goo.gl/maps/UKfJaHcAc4GjthLMA
- Thailand Consulate Jeddah: https://goo.gl/maps/JKxZtiNfXgUGWMcY6
- Timing for Application Submission: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Take the Visa Information Summary (VIS) form from the same person who gives you a token. Fill the form and submit all the documents to the visa officer.
Make sure you don't go to the Thailand Riyadh Embassy or Jeddah consulate on the following national holidays.
Thailand visa fees from Saudi Arabia
The fee to apply for a Thailand visit visa from Saudi Arabia is SR 160/passport which will be taken only in cash. The fee for other categories of visa are as follows;
- Single Entry Transit Visa Fee: SR 140
- Single Entry Tourist Visa Fee: SR 160
- Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Fee: SR 750
After the submission of documents, the visa officer will issue you a receipt mentioning the date when you can collect your passport. Normally, the Thailand visa processing time is 3 working days.
- Passport Collection Time: 01:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Thailand Visa for Saudi Nationals
Saudi Citizens are allowed to get an on-arrival visa of 15 days from Thailand airports. However, if they need to stay longer than this, they need to follow the above-mentioned procedure.
It is important to mention here that Saudis are not allowed to visit this beautiful country by the Saudi government. However, there are only 3 cases when a Saudi citizen can visit Thailand; Recommended: Why are Saudis banned from visiting Thailand?
- A Saudi can visit Thailand to meet his Thai spouse/children.
- Saudis can visit Thailand for medical treatment.
- Transit purpose of 24 to 72 hours.
Penalties for overstay
The following penalties and fines are applicable to people who fail to leave Thailand at the expiry of their visas.
- One who overstays less than 90 days: THB 500/Day
- If you overstay more than 90 days: THB 500/Day + 1 Year Ban
- If you overstay more than 1 Year: THB 500/Day + 3 Year Ban
- Someone who overstays more than 3 Year: THB 500/Day + 5 Year Ban
- If you overstay more than 5 Year: THB 500/Day + 10 Year Ban
However, the maximum amount of fine will not exceed THB 20,000.