Sri Lankan family died due to overcharged mobile explosion

At 10:30 pm, he put his mobile phone on the charger and placed it on top of the microwave. The rest of the family had already gone to sleep. It seemed that the mobile phone overcharged and by overcharging it got heated up which caused it to blow up.

Since the whole house had been completely air sealed and centrally air-conditioned, the chemical gas or the vapors which were coming out of the blown-up mobile phone started to spread out all across the house while everyone remained fast asleep clueless as to what was happening.

They started inhaling the toxic fumes for a while and then slowly they started to suffocate, the father woke up and tried to open the windows. The entire house was without air at this point.

The uncle could not take it anymore and realized that he was breathing his last; hence he decided to go and sit on a chair, on which he passed away shortly after.

The younger girls, who were approximately 13 years of age, tried to come out of the house but fell down on the ground and passed away.

Nobody knew what had happened until the driver came at 6.30 AM in order to pick the girls up from school. He rang the doorbell and called them for an hour. After this, he realized something was wrong.

He called up the relatives of the family and broke into the house. They saw that the entire house was filled with a black cloud of the mist of sorts.

Amidst the black clouds, the relative saw his uncle sitting on the chair, having already passed away. Following the uncle, he saw the little girls lying on the floor and they too had passed away. The same happened to the wife of the uncle as well.

Source: Facebook

For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.

Never pay the full price, download Saudi Coupon Codes application and get all discount codes in one place.

Steve has been living in Saudi Arabia since 2013 and writing about Saudi rules, regulations, guides, and procedures since then.