Passengers should understand that flight delay due to security and safety purpose is a normal part of the business. As per GACA regulations, every airline is required to provide compensation to its passenger if a flight is delayed from Saudi Arabia.
- GACA = General Authority of Civil Aviation.
- 6 rights of airline passengers in Saudi Arabia
1- The airline is required to inform its passengers about the flight delay at least 45 minutes before the flight.
2- As per Article 7 of GACA Regulations, the airline flying from Saudi Arabia will provide the following compensation in case of flight delay;
- Refreshments if the delay from the original time is 1 hour.
- Meals if the flight delay is more than 3 hours.
- Hotel accommodation and transportation to and from the airport if the flight delay is more than 6 hours.
3- In case of a flight delay of more than 6 hours, the passenger can treat the flight canceled and claim a full refund of the ticket as per Article 10 of GACA regulations.
4- In case the passenger is already staying in the hotel, the airline shall bear the expenses of any additional hotel stay until the alternative takes off time.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.