Saudi Court has awarded SR 180,000 compensation to an expat for early termination of the contract by the employer. Moreover, the employer set a Huroob against the employee to avoid paying End of Service Benefits.
➜Upon termination, the expat filed a case in the Saudi Labor court for;
- Terminating him 8 months before the contract completion without applying Article 77 of Saudi Labor Law.
- Refusing to Transfer Iqama through Qiwa.
- Reporting him to Huroob.
- Stopping his End of Service Benefits.
➜The court ordered the employer to pay SR 180,000 to expat as;
- 8 months’ salaries till the end of the contract.
- End of Service Benefits.
- Expenses of his family.
- House rent for 14 months after the contract expiry date.
- Lawyer’s fee.
➜We believe that it would set a good precedent for expats to claim their rights.
Source: Saudi Gazette
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.