Saudi Court has awarded SR 180,000 compensation to an expat for early termination of the contract by the employer. Moreover, the employer set a Huroob against the employee to avoid paying End of Service Benefits.
➜Upon termination, the expat filed a case in the Saudi Labor court for;
- Terminating him 8 months before the contract completion without applying Article 77 of Saudi Labor Law.
- Refusing to Transfer Iqama through Qiwa.
- Reporting him to Huroob.
- Stopping his End of Service Benefits.
➜The court ordered the employer to pay SR 180,000 to expat as;
- 8 months’ salaries till the end of the contract.
- End of Service Benefits.
- Expenses of his family.
- House rent for 14 months after the contract expiry date.
- Lawyer’s fee.
➜We believe that it would set a good precedent for expats to claim their rights.
Source: Saudi Gazette