Saudi HRSD Ministry has launched the “Professional Verification” program under which doctors, engineers, accountants, technicians, and paramedical staff will have to pass an exam for the Iqama renewal.
Content of the exam
Saudi professional verification program will include practical and theoretical examinations in the workers’ specialized fields.
- The program will examine all skilled workers in their home country before their arrival in the Kingdom.
- It will also examine existing skilled workers in the Kingdom.
Professions to be Tested?
It will target more than 1,000 professions belonging mainly related to the following bodies;
- Accounts-related professions registered with SOCPA.
- Engineers and technicians registered with Saudi Council of Engineers.
- Doctors and paramedical staff registered with SCFHS.
The program is expected to start on July 2021.
8 Conditions for professional verification program Test
The mandatory test for the Saudi professional verification program will be conducted with the following terms and conditions;
- The test must be conducted by one of the approved centers for the program.
- The Iqama professions who are required to take the test will be updated from time to time on the SVP website.
- The minimum passing score for the test is 50%.
- An expat can take a test a maximum of 3 times. In case of failure 3 times, the final exit will be issued.
- There are two sections of the Saudi professional verification program test;
- Computer-based theoretical test.
- Practical Test.
- The duration of the theory test is 30 minutes.
- In case the test is leaked, the license of the center will be canceled.
- The validity of the Saudi professional verification certificate is 5 years. An expat is required to take the exam after every 5 years.
How to register?
HRSD is urging all establishments to begin the verification process by registering on the program’s website https://svp.qiwa.sa/?locale=en
Benefits of the program
- Saudi professional verification program will prevent unskilled workers from entering the country because they have harmed the national economy.
- The decision will allow only professional workers to pass the exam and meet the standards of their professions in the labor market. Only professional workers can receive a national professional license to practice their profession.
- It will improve Saudization in the private sector as many skilled workers would not be able to pass the exam.