Saudi HRSD Ministry has launched the fourth phase of the “Professional Verification” program under which doctors, engineers, accountants, technicians, and paramedical staff will have to pass a test for the Iqama renewal.
5 Stages – Professional Verification Implementation
The professional verification program will be implemented in five stages in Saudi Arabia;
- 1st Phase – July 01, 2021: companies with 3,000 or more workers.
- 2nd Phase – Sep 01, 2021: companies with 500 to 2,999 workers.
- 3rd Phase – Oct 01, 2021: companies with 50 to 499 workers.
- 4th Phase – Nov 03, 2021: establishments with 6 to 49 workers.
- 5th Phase – Jan 02, 2022: establishments with less than 6 workers.
Check exam eligibility of worker
A worker in Saudi Arabia can check the exam eligibility under Professional Verification Program through the SVP Qiwa website. In order to do that;
- Open the website: https://svp.qiwa.sa/en/test_taker/search
- Enter your Iqama Number.
- Click on the “Check” button.
- Occupation XXX is not required to take the exam yet: It means that you are required to take the test under the Saudi professional verification program but it is not yet required.
- The labor did not pass the exam in occupation: It means that you need to register on the Qiwa website (explained below). It does not mean that you have failed the test.
- The labor passed the exam in occupation: Congratulations on passing the Saudi professional verification test.
Professional verification test Structure
Saudi professional verification program will include practical and theoretical tests in the workers’ specialized fields.
- The fee for the Saudi professional verification test is SR 650.
- There will be 15 MCQs in an exam for 30 mins.
- There will also be a practical exam in a laboratory according to your profession.
Professions to be Tested?
It will target more than 1,099 professions belonging mainly related to the following bodies;
- Accounts-related professions registered with SOCPA.
- Engineers and technicians registered with Saudi Council of Engineers.
- Doctors and paramedical staff registered with SCFHS.
8 Conditions for professional verification program Test
The mandatory test for the Saudi professional verification program will be conducted with the following terms and conditions;
- The test must be conducted by one of the approved centers for the program.
- The Iqama professions who are required to take the test will be updated from time to time on the SVP website.
- The minimum passing score for the test is 50%.
- An expat can take a test a maximum of 3 times. In case of failure 3 times, the final exit will be issued.
- There are two sections of the Saudi professional verification program test;
- Computer-based theoretical test.
- Practical Test.
- The duration of the theory test is 30 minutes.
- In case the test is leaked, the license of the center will be canceled.
- The validity of the Saudi professional verification certificate is 5 years. An expat is required to take the exam after every 5 years.
How to register?
HRSD is urging all establishments to begin the verification process by registering on the program’s website https://svp.qiwa.sa/?locale=en
Benefits of the program
- Saudi professional verification program will prevent unskilled workers from entering the country because they have harmed the national economy.
- The decision will allow only professional workers to pass the exam and meet the standards of their professions in the labor market. Only professional workers can receive a national professional license to practice their profession.
- It will improve Saudization in the private sector as many skilled workers would not be able to pass the exam.