Table of Contents
In 2020, there is no need to visit the traffic police office to renew a driving license in Saudi Arabia as you can do it online. We have explained the Saudi driving license renewal process below.
Requirements to renew Saudi Driving License
- You should have an Absher account.
- Your current driving license should have a validity of fewer than 180 days.
- It is mo more required to pass the medical test from an Efada approved hospital due to coronavirus issues.
- Pay the fee to renew the Saudi driving license.
- You must not have any unpaid traffic violations.
Saudi driving license renewal
Login to your Absher accounts by entering your userID or Iqama number, password and the captcha code. https://absher.sa
After the login, click on the “Services” tab given just below “My Services”.
A new page will open where you need to click on the “Traffic” tab given on the right side of your computer screen.
In the next step, a new page will open from where you will have to select “Renew Driving License”.
On the next screen, the system will show the terms and conditions of Saudi driving license renewal, you need to click on the “Next” button.
On the next screen, click on the “Renew Private Driving License”. There is another tab from which you will have to select the number of years for which you want to renew the Saudi driving license.
The period selected here should be the same for which you have paid your fee to renew the driving license in KSA. A new screen will appear where you will have to press “Confirm”.
If your driving license is valid for more than 180 days, you would not be able to continue the renewal process. A message will appear that “only licenses with expiry date less than 180 days are eligible for renewal”.
If your Efada medical test report has not been updated in the system, a message will appear that “the medical report status or information is not available.”
Upon successful renewal of the driving license in Saudi Arabia, you will be required to either collect it from the traffic police office or request it through postal service. I have never used the postal service so I really cannot comment about it.
Collection of Driving License
You need to visit a traffic police office to collect the renewed driving license. Make sure you carry the following documents with you.
- Original Iqama and;
- The old driving license.
The traffic police officer will discard the old driving license and issue you a new one.
Penalty for expired driving license
- As of 2020, the fine or penalty to renew an expired driving license in Saudi Arabia ranges from SR 300 to SR 500.
- Moreover, if you don't collect the renewed driving license from the traffic police office, a fine of SR 100 will be imposed.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.