Table of Contents
Now there is no need to visit the traffic police office to renew a driving license in Saudi Arabia as you can do it online. We have explained the Saudi driving license renewal process below.
Following are the requirements for the Saudi driving license renewal in KSA.
- Absher account.
- Driving license validity of fewer than 180 days.
- Efada Medical Test Report.
- Payment of Saudi Driving License Renewal fee.
- No unpaid traffic violations.
Driving license renewal in Absher
In order to renew a driving license in Saudi Arabia, you need to;
- Login to your Absher accounts https://absher.sa
- Click on the “Services” tab given just below “My Services”.
- Select the “Traffic” tab.
- Press the “Renew Driving License” button.
On the next screen, the system will show the terms and conditions to renew a driving license in Saudi Arabia, you need to;
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Select the type of driving license.
- Select the License Renewal Period i.e. 2,5 or 10 years.
Upon successfully renewing the driving license in Saudi Arabia, you will be required to either collect it from the traffic police office or request it through the postal service.
Collection of Driving License
You can request the postal delivery of your driver’s license or visit a traffic police office or Dallah Driving School to collect the renewed driving license. Make sure you carry the following documents with you.
- Muroor Appointment with the purpose “طباعة رخصة قيادة.”
- Original Iqama.
- The old driving license.
- The traffic police officer will discard the old driving license and issue you a new one.
Penalty for expired driving license
- The fine for an expired driving license is SR 240.
- The penalty for driving a vehicle with an expired driving license in Saudi Arabia is a fine of SR 300 to SR 500.
If your driving license is valid for more than 180 days, a message will appear that “only licenses with expiry date less than 180 days are eligible for renewal”.