Table of Contents
If you are living in Riyadh, there is no better place to buy dates than the Riyadh Seasonal Dates Market located at exit 14. We have given the location below.
Why to visit Riyadh Dates Market?
Anyone who is a date lover should visit Riyadh Seasonal Dates Market and for anyone who isn’t a fan of dates, I assure you, you will go crazy for dates once you visit the souk.
When to visit?
It is best to visit the souk in the summertime because that’s when dates start to ripe and fresh dates are available then. The souk opens around 9 am so it is better to go as soon as it opens.
Which date to buy?
There are tons of varieties of dates available at Riyadh Seasonal Dates Market so for a first-timer, it will be super confusing and exciting to explore this market and since these dates are mostly sold by the kilo or a full box, the sellers are nice enough to give you a small portion of those dates upon request.
The most expensive dates are called Ajwa dates which come from the Madina and are said to have a lot of benefits such as a cure for diabetes and tons of other diseases. They are soft and rich in fiber and help in detoxing the body.
4 stages of the date fruit
Dates ripen in four stages which are named as;
- Kimri i.e. unripe and green.
- Khlal i.e. full size, crunchy and yellow.
- Rutab i.e. ripe and soft and
- Tamr i.e. ripe, dark, and sun-dried.
How to freeze dates?
You can keep dates in your refrigerator and keep eating whenever you like. However, some people like to freeze dates. A few tips on how to freeze your dates:
- Rinse and dry them before freezing.
- Use a plastic container that is airtight.
- All types of dates can be frozen!
- Soft and half soft kind of dates can be eaten without defrosting.
- Riyadh Seasonal Dates Market location.