Table of Contents
Riyadh Zoo is still the major attraction for people living in the city with a minimal entry ticket fee and varying opening timings on six days a week.
Today I'll be talking about Saudi Arabia's largest Zoo formed in 1957. This was a very small scale affair which consisted of animals that were presented to the first three Kings of the Kingdom as gifts.
Later, in 1987 a fully refurbished Zoo was established and opened for public. The basis of this new zoo was to provide the animals with a proper room and space for them to roam about and carry on with their natural postures etc.
Entry Ticket Fee of Riyadh Zoo
- The entry ticket fee to Riyadh Zoo for adults is SR 10.50 (above 12 years old)
- The entry ticket fee to Riyadh Zoo for children is SR 5.25 (below 12 years old)
- The train ticket fee at Riyadh Zoo is only SR 2.
Timings of Riyadh Zoo and allowed visitors
Riyadh Zoo timing varies according to different days of the week. Moreover, some days have been allocated to families, male students, and female students.
- Friday – Riyadh Zoo is open for families only after the time of Jummah prayer on Friday
- Saturday – It remains open from the time of 8.30 am until sunset for families only on Saturday
- Sunday – Riyadh Zoo remains closed on Sunday
- Monday – It remains open from the time of 8.30 am until sunset for male students and men only on Monday
- Tuesday – Riyadh Zoo remains open from the time of 8.30 am until sunset for female students and families on Tuesday.
- Wednesday – It remains open from the time of 8.30 am until sunset for male students and men only on Wednesday.
- Thursday – Riyadh Zoo remains open from the time of 8.30 am until sunset for female students and families on Thursday.
40 different species
Riyadh Zoo now contains nearly forty different species of animals including bears, birds of prey, camels, elephants, hyenas, gazelles, leopards, lamas, lions, monkeys, rhinoceroses, tigers, and several reptiles. What attracts much of the attention is the little train ride that is used for taking a whole tour of the Zoo.
Schools and other organizations often make field trips to the zoo to provide children with a good way of learning about other living creatures. The city of Riyadh although having a very hot climate throughout the summers.
However, the zoo is structured quite well and will be a great place to visit with your children especially during their vacations. Recommended: Nofa Wildlife Safari Park and Resort in Riyadh
Useful Tips to visit Riyadh Zoo
On a visit to the zoo make sure that you do use caps and hats to protect yourself from the sun. Moreover, make use of sunscreens to prevent yourself from getting sunburns. You can also enjoy snacks and drinks inside the zoo from the canteens that are set up.
Make sure that when you do visit your shoes are comfortable since the zoo is extremely large and involves a lot of walking too. Make sure you pay a visit to this zoo soon to enjoy some quality family and adventure time. In my opinion, it is the best place to spend one day of the weekend with your family.
Riyadh Zoo Location: https://goo.gl/maps/7hQxrjWcCr6YPTT79