Table of Contents
According to the new rules of Iqama renewal, the process to renew Iqama has been significantly eased up. Here is the process.
New rules for iqama renewal 2022
Here we would like to talk about 2 new rules for Iqama Renewal;
- The iqama renewal is possible 6 months in advance.
- Iqama renewal for expats is possible while they are outside Saudi Arabia.
- The MOL has allowed quarterly iqama renewal. Here is how to renew Iqama for 3 months.
Iqama fee calculator
You can check the fee you need to pay to renew your Iqama with the help of the Iqama fee calculator.
Requirements to Renew Iqama
- Payment of Iqama Renewal Fee.
- Payment of Dependent Fee.
- Payment of Maktab Amal Fee.
- Valid Health Insurance.
- The professional membership account must be active.
- SOCPA Membership for Accountants.
- Marmaris Plus or SCFHS membership for medical staff.
- SCE membership for engineers and technicians.
- HIV/AIDS test for 10 nationalities only.
Renew Iqama online
After completing all the above-mentioned requirements, your sponsors will log in to the Muqeem account and renew the Iqama.
- Employer will login to Muqeem https://muqeem.sa/#/login
- Click on “المعاملات الإلكترونية“.
- Select “تجديد الإقامة“.
- Enter the security code sent on mobile.
- Enter the Iqama Number.
- Select the duration of Iqama renewal i.e. 3, 6, 9, or 12 months.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- That’s it, your Iqama has been successfully renewed.
- You can check the Iqama expiry date on the Absher account.
- If your Iqama card is going to expire, you can visit Jawazat to print a new card. There is no need for the new card if the expiry date is not written on it.
Iqama renewal after 60 years
The GRO of a company or Kafeel will have to visit Jawazat to renew the Iqama of 60 years plus expatriate employees.
Iqama renewal while expatriate is out of KSA
- Iqama renewal of an expatriate employee while he is out of KSA: YES
- Iqama renewal of an expatriate dependent while he is out of KSA: YES
Penalty for expired Iqama
If the Iqama is expired and not renewed within 3 days of its expiry, the following penalties are applied. It is the responsibility of the employer to pay the fine if the delay is caused by him.
- First Time: SR 500 fine.
- Second Time: SR 1,000 fine.
- Third Time: Deportation of expatriates.
Iqama renewal for son above 18 years
If you have a dependent son under your sponsorship in the age bracket of 18 years to 25 years, you need to submit the following additional documents to the GRO of your company.
- Application form.
- A certificate issued from the college/university.
- Passport Size photo of the son.
- Iqama copies of the son and father.
- SR 500 additional fee.
Renew iqama without Kafeel
Although the Iqama renewal process is processed by the Kafeel, there is a remote possibility to renew Iqama without Kafeel. In order to do that;
- Check Iqama Huroob Status and make sure there is no Huroob.
- Check if you can transfer Iqama without Kafeel.
- Transfer your Iqama to a new employer through Qiwa.
- The new employer will renew the Iqama.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.