Table of Contents
As per the new rules for the transfer of sponsorship in Saudi Arabia, now the employee transfer service for expat workers is done through the Qiwa platform. Here is the step-by-step guide for expats who want to change their jobs in Saudi Arabia.
Step 1: Upload Employment Contract in Qiwa
If the new employer meets the below 5 conditions, he will create a request to transfer employee’s services through the Qiwa platform by uploading the employment contract.
- Qiwa Status: Pending for Laboror Approval.
- Eligible to obtain a new visa as per the regulations.
- The employee has been living in Saudi Arabia for at least one year.
- At least 80% compliance with the Wage Protection System in the last 3 months.
- The iqama profession of the employee matches with the employer’s activities.
- Qiwa Maximum limit of workers for nationalities.
- Nitaqat Status = Green.
Step 2: Job Offer Acceptance in Qiwa
In order to accept a job offer or an employment contract on Qiwa platform within 10 days of its creation;
- Register yourself with the Qiwa platform.
- Log in to your Qiwa Individual account: https://sso.qiwa.sa/sign-in
- Click on the “Individual Account“.
- Click on the 3 bars for options.
- Select the “Services” tab.
- Click on the “Employee Transfers“.
- On the next page, click on the “View Contract“.
- Read the employment contract in detail before accepting it in Qiwa. After the acceptance, it would be your only legally binding contract in the eyes of the HR ministry and the Saudi government.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Accept or Reject the contract.
- If you face any problem in accepting the request, you can;
Step 3: Pending for notice period completion
Once the employee transfer request is accepted by the employee in Qiwa, the employee notice period will start in Qiwa.
- Qiwa Status: Pending for notice period completion.
Step 4: Acceptance by the current employer
The request will be sent to the current employer for approval or rejection. The current employer has 5 options at this time;
- Accept the request immediately.
- Accept the requested with default notice period i.e. 90 days.
- Accept the request with a reduced notice period for less than 90 days.
- Reject the request.
- Leave the request as it is.
- Qiwa Status: Pending for Current Employer’s Approval.
Acceptance: The employee will be transferred if;
- The current employer accepts the request within 14 days or;
- The system automatically accepts the request to transfer the employee without Kafeel’s approval.
- Qiwa Status: Approved.
Auto Cancellation: If the current employer does not accept the request within 14 days, the qiwa employee transfer request is automatically canceled.
- Qiwa Status: Auto Cancelled due to not approve or reject the request for more than 14 days.
Rejection: If the current employer rejects an employee transfer service request, he would be required to provide a justification for that e.g. employment contract is not complete.
- Qiwa Status: Rejected by Current Employer.
Remaining Notice Period: If Qiwa starts showing the remaining number of days counter on the status, it means that the request has been accepted by the employer and the transfer will take effect after the notice period is finished.
Step 5: Pending completing transfer in Absher by new employer
Once the request is approved by the current employer and completion of the notice period (if any), the employee transfer service in Qiwa will start showing the status: pending completing transfer in absher by new employer.
At this point, the new employer is required to pay the Iqama transfer fee and go to his Absher to initiate the request to change company or transfer employees within 24 days. If the request is not initiated in 24 days, the entire process will be canceled and the system will show the message.
- Qiwa Status: Expired because of not completing the request by the new employer.
Step 6: Print the new Iqama
Once the employee transfer request is accepted by the current employer in the Qiwa portal;
- Pay the fee to transfer Iqama sponsorship within 12 days of acceptance of the request to complete the process in Jawazat.
- As per Article 40 of Saudi Labor Law, the employer is responsible to pay the fee.
- Once the transfer is complete, you can check the new of your new Kafeel in Absher.
- Once it is done, you can visit any Jawazat office to get the print of your new Iqama.
Source: Qiwa FAQs