If an expat has come to Saudi Arabia on a new iqama and already has a Saudi driving license on the old Iqama, he can simply change or renew it to the new Iqama.
In order to change the old driving license to a new Iqama in Saudi Arabia, an expat needs the following documents;
- Saudi driving license + copy.
- Old Iqama copy.
- New Iqama + copy.
- Payment of fee for Saudi Driving License.
- Efada Medical Test report.
- Muroor appointment with the purpose of استبدال رخصة قيادة.
- 2 passport-size photographs.
- Copy of your Passport.
- A filled form to change the driving license to a new iqama.
You can ask an agent sitting around the Muroor office to fill out the form to renew the driving license to a new iqama.
Pay the fee to transfer driving license to new Iqama
In order to pay the fee to change the driving license to a new Iqama through Al Rajhi bank;
- Download the Application through PlayStore or iTunes.
- Log in to your internet banking account.
- Select “Payments“.
- Press the “Government Payment” button.
- On the next page, select the following;
- Services: Driving License.
- Application Type: Issue License from Old License.
- Transaction Type: Payment.
- Beneficiary ID: Iqama Number.
- License Type: Private.
- Duration: 2, 5, or 10 years.
Visit the traffic police station
Once you have all the above-mentioned documents,
- Book a Muroor Appointment with the purpose: استبدال رخصة قيادة
- Visit the traffic police station.
- Present all your documents to the designated window.
- Pay SR 240 with a Mada card if your old driving license has expired.
- The officer will print the new driving license within a few minutes and keep the old license.