Table of Contents
There is a specific ghusl procedure to clean and wash the body from impurities which are discussed below. It is also important to mention here that the cleanliness of the body is one of the 7 Fard pre-requisites of Salah.
When do you need to perform Fard Ghusl?
It is good to perform Ghusl before Eid prayers, before Friday prayers, after washing a corpse, after conversion of a disbeliever to Islam, and before the pilgrimage to Makkah. However, after the following 3 situations, it is mandatory or Fard to perform Ghusl.
- Ghusl is Fard when you discharge, be it men or women. It is also required after sexual intercourse.
- It is Fard upon a woman فخ perform ghusl for getting pure after the end of menstruationز
- It is Fard upon a woman to perform ghusl after the bleeding stops from childbirth more preferably on the 40th day.
- People who die require Ghusl as well if it’s from natural causes; however, death from jihad doesn’t require Ghusl.
What is the Fard of ghusl in Islam?
There are 3 fard parts of Ghusl. If we miss any of these parts, our Ghusl is not valid.
- The first fard of Ghusl is to wash the mouth with water as it should reach all the parts internally from lips to the base of the throat. If not fasting gargle.
- The second fard of Ghusl is to wash the inside of the nose with water. Water should be pulled hard enough all the way to the soft part of the base of the nose.
- The third fard of Ghusl is to Wash the body once from head to the bottom of feet. Every strand (hair) and skin of the body must get wet. Even if a single strand or a small portion of skin is not washed the Ghusl will not be completed.
How to perform Ghusl in Islam?
Although there is not a mandatory ghusl procedure to follow in Islam as in order to perform ghusl correctly, you just need to fulfill the 3 above-mentioned obligatory requirements or fard of performing Ghusl. However, we have narrated a Sunnah way of performing ghusl in Islam.
–After positioning yourself facing the water, wash your hands, the right one. This includes your wrist and fingers till the arm. Repeat it three times. Do the same with your left hand now.
–Using water, wash your private parts three times and remove all the impurities by rubbing your body parts.
–Cupping your right hand, fill water and take it in your mouth. Swirl it inside and then spit it. Repeat it three times as well.
–Take water inside through nostrils using right hand. Blow it out on your left hand and repeat it three times.
–Wash your face three times. You should wash it from hairline till chin extending to both the ears. Men should wash their beard as well.
–Now wash your arms, first the right and then the left from above the elbow three times.
–Now pour water three times on your head such that your hair gets wet till the roots and scalp.
–Pour water on your right side of the body including the shoulders and repeat it on the left. Now pour it over the head wetting your whole body and rubbing it with your hands.
–Move to a clean platform and wash your legs right and then left till the ankles and between the toes including the sole three times.
–Dry your body with a clean towel. You are now clean and eligible for prayers.