How to attest Marriage Certificate for Saudi Arabia?

Some expatriates have used fake marriage certificates for family visa in Saudi Arabia due to which Jawazat requires for marriage certificate attestation from the Saudi Embassy in India, Pakistan, the Philippines or the country where the marriage took place to apply for the permanent family visa.

After the attestation, the government of Saudi Arabia will be able to authenticate that the family for whom you are applying for a visa is your legitimate family and it is not a fake marriage certificate. They don’t issue visas for a fiancé or someone who is not your legitimate spouse and children.

How to attest a Marriage Certificate for Saudi Arabia?

  1. Name on the Marriage Certificate

Please make sure that name on your marriage certificate is the same as the name on your Iqama or passport, otherwise, the government of Saudi Arabia will treat it as invalid or fake.

  1. Translation of the marriage certificate

If the marriage certificate is in some other language, you will have to make sure that the spellings of translated names should be same as passport or Iqama.

  1. Attestation of Marriage Certificate from MOFA in your country

You may have to attest the marriage certificate by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country. MOFA in your country may ask you to attest the same certificate from some different authorities like judicial court or provincial / state government etc.

These requirements differ from country to country. What Saudi Embassy checks are the stamp of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

  1. Attestation of Marriage Certificate from the Saudi Embassy

The next step is to go to the Saudi Embassy in the country where the marriage took place whether it is India, Pakistan, the Philippines for the attestation of the marriage certificate.

They will charge a minimal fee and attest it for you. Again, they are only concerned with the stamp of MOFA on it. Now you have done with the process in your home country.

  1. Translation of the Marriage Certificate in Saudi Arabia

Once you have the attested marriage certificate from Saudi Embassy or Saudi Consulate, you will have to translate it in the Arabic language in Saudi Arabia. You will have to check if the spellings of the names in English are the same as of passport or Iqama.

There are so many translators in Saudi Arabia approved by the MOI. We have given a list of some of them in this link “List of Approved Translators in Saudi Arabia

  1. Attest the Marriage Certificate from MOFA, Saudi Arabia

Now you will have to attest to the marriage certificate and translation made by the approved agent from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Saudi Arabia. Keep in mind that a Filipino was jailed for presenting a fake marriage certificate to MOFA, Saudi Arabia for attestation.

Once you are done with the attestation of the marriage certificate by MOFA in Saudi Arabia, you are done with the attestation work and now nobody can say that your marriage certificate is fake. Now the next step is to apply for a permanent family visa. Recommended: How to Attest Documents from MOFA Saudi Arabia?

Marriage Certificate Attestation in Pakistan

  • You need to get a NADRA Marriage Certificate from local district authorities.
  • Attestation from MOFA (Pakistan). If you are residing abroad so your blood relation can do it in PKR 25, but the agent will take PKR 2000.
  • The agent will translate marriage certificate in Arabic and will send along with photocopy to Saudi consulate. (Hardly take 01 days and cost vary from PKR 5000 to PKR 7500)
  • Once you received the original attested copy from the Saudi consulate, so you have to go MOFA in Saudi for attestation. Cost SAR 30.

For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.

Never pay the full price, download the application Saudi Coupon Codes to get all discount codes in one place.

Steve has been living in Saudi Arabia since 2013 and writing about Saudi rules, regulations, guides, and procedures since then.