In 2020, the amount of traffic fine depends upon the speed over and above the speed limit at which the traffic camera has captured a driver in Saudi Arabia.
The traffic fine on a road with a speed limit of 120km/hr is different from the road where the limit is 140 kph. Moreover, the buffer limit is also different on each road. Recommended: Check traffic violation fine details
Roads with the speed limit 120/kph or less
There are 6 different over-speed fines imposed on drivers depending upon the speed at which a Saher camera has caught them.
- Buffer Speed: There is a 10% buffer speed over and above the speed limit on those roads where the speed limit is 120 kph or less than that.
- SR 150 to SR 300 fine for exceeding the speed limit by less than 20 kph. Let’s say, if the maximum speed limit is 120 kph and Saudi traffic camera flashes as you are driving at 130 kph, you will be fined.
- SR 300 to 500 fine for over-speeding by 20km/hr to 30/kph over and above the speed limit.
- SR 800 to 1,000 fine + 6 black points for over-speeding by 30km/hr to 40/kph over and above the speed limit.
- SR 1,200 to 1,500 fine + 6 black points for exceeding speed limit by 40km/hr to 50/kph.
- SR 1,500 to SR 2,000 fine + 6 black points for over-speeding by more than 50km/hr over and above the speed limit.
Overspeed fine: Roads with the speed limit 140/kph
The over speeding violations detected by traffic camera in Saudi Arabia on roads where the speed limit is 140/km per hour results in the following 6 different amounts of fines by the Saudi traffic police in 2020.
- Buffer Speed: There is a buffer speed of 4km/hr above the speed limit. Saudi traffic camera will not flash up to 144 kph and hence there will be no fine.
- SR 300 to SR 500 fine for exceeding the maximum speed limit by less than 10 kph.
- SR 800 to 1,000 fine for over-speeding by 10km/hr to 20/kph.
- SR 1,200 to SR 1,500 fine + 6 black points for exceeding the maximum speed limit by 20km/hr to 30 kph.
- SR 1,500 to SR 2,000 fine + 6 black points for overspeeding by more than 30 kph.
Finally, if drivers exceed 170 kph speed, licenses are suspended and they are taken to court. Punishments include detention and even withdrawal of license in case of repeat offenses.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.