Table of Contents
You can open a salary or current account in the Arab National Bank (ANB) online in Saudi Arabia if you fulfill the pre-requisites and follow the procedure. Follow the guidelines we have given below for the smooth process.
Requirements to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online
You need to meet the first 3 requirements irrespective if you are opening a salary account in the Arab National Bank (ANB) Saudi Arabia online or by physically visiting their branch. The next two requirements are only if you are opening an account with them online.
- Original Valid Iqama
- Copy of the Passport
- Introduction Letter. Sample Letter of Introduction to open a bank account in Saudi Arabia is available at this link
- You need to have an Absher account to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online. If you don’t have an Absher account, you will have to register for it. The procedure to get you registered as explained in this link “How to register for Absher?”
- The second requirement to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online is that you must be registered with the Saudi National Address System. The registration process is pretty simple and we have explained it in detail in this article. Recommended: How to register with Saudi National Address?
How to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online?
The first thing to do to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online is to open their website through the link given below and click on the “Open your account now” tab. https://www.anb.com.sa/Default.aspx?tabid=3334&language=en-US
A new page will open with an entire list of terms and conditions to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online. You can either read all of them which will take hours or just scroll down and check on the boxed to agree to these terms and conditions. After this, you need to click on the “Proceed” button.
In the next step to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online, the system will ask you 6 different questions and in most of the cases the answers to all of them is “No”. I have reproduced all these questions here to give you a better idea of what they are;
- Do you occupy, or are you a candidate, for a diplomatic or senior civil office in the government, any military office or an office in a government-owned company, etc.? Or are you a member of the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling or child) of, or a related party (advisor or agent) to, such individual?
- Are you a Freelancer or you render professional advisory services (e.g. law firm, financial or accounting consultant and likewise)?
- Are you a non-resident of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia?
- Have you ever been refused by another financial institution to establish a business relationship with them?
- Are you a US citizen, resident for tax purposes in the US, a green card holder, or a person who born in the US?
- Are you a Tax Resident of any country or countries outside of Saudi Arabia?
In the next step, the system will take you to a new portal owned by the government of Saudi Arabia where you need to log in with your Absher userID and password to open a Salary Account in Arab National Bank online. I hope now you can understand why did we ask you to register with an Absher account in the beginning.
In the next step, the system will ask you to enter the authentication code sent to your registered mobile phone with Absher. Enter the code and click on the “Continue” button to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online.
For most of the applicants who are trying to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online, a form will appear on the computer screen which you need to fill taking into account your Iqama and residential details.
However, sometimes the system does not allow an applicant to open an account online and request them to visit one of their branches for the same. In my case, the system has refused to open a Salary Account in ANB Bank online. If you visit them, make sure to carry all the above mentioned required documents with you.
My personal suggestion
My Personal Suggestion is that you should open a bank account in the Arab National Bank bank only if you are interested in earning interest by opening a saving account. However, before opening this account you should ask the representative to let you know about the profit rates which have been applied in the last six to twelve months.
You should get a credit card of the Arab National Bank only if you want to avail the offer of 15% markup rate. This should be only if you are expecting your payment to be delayed every month.