The Hajj Ministry has confirmed that there is no need for the institutional quarantine for Umrah Pilgrims if they have taken 2 doses of Saudi approved vaccine.
If Umrah pilgrims have taken any of these vaccines, they can directly go to Makkah to perform Umrah from the airport. However, they need to register with Muqeem.
Saudi Approved Vaccines
- 2 doses of Pfizer BioNTech.
- 2 doses of Oxford AstraZeneca.
- 2 doses of Moderna.
- 1 dose of Johnson s Janssen.
- 2 doses of Sinopharm + 1 dose of either Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnsons Janssen, or Moderna.
- 2 doses of Sinovac + 1 dose of either Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnsons Janssen, or Moderna.
Umrah Visa duration
The Ministry has also confirmed that the Umrah visa is now issued for 30 days as it used to be issued before the coronavirus lockdown.
Umrah permit will be issued to all foreign pilgrims aged 18 or above. The age for the issuance of Umrah’s permit is 12 years for local pilgrims.
3 days institutional quarantine
However, a 3-day institutional quarantine is required for foreign pilgrims who are immunized with two doses of vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) but not approved by Saudi Arabia.
Source: Saudi Gazette