The Ministry of Labor of Saudi Arabia has increased the minimum wages for Saudis from SR 3,000 to SR 4,000 to be considered for Nitaqat purposes.
Minimum wages for Saudis
According to the Ministerial decision of Eng. Ahmed bin Sulaiman Al-Rajhi;
- A Saudi with the minimum wages of SR 4,000 would be treated as 1 employee in Nitaqat.
- A Saudi with SR 3,000 to SR 3,999 salary would be treated as half employee in Nitaqat.
- A Saudi with less than SR 3,000 wages would not be counted for Nitaqat calculation.
- Once a part-time Saudi employee completes 168 hours in a company, he would be counted as 1/3rd of a normal Saudi employee in Nitaqat.
م. الراجحي يصدر قرارًا وزاريًا يقضي برفع الحد الأدنى لاحتساب أجور السعوديين في #نطاقات. pic.twitter.com/3O5eXkZMs8
— وزارة الموارد البشرية والتنمية الاجتماعية (@HRSD_SA) November 18, 2020
Minimum Wages for Expats
Saudi Gazette had reported in 2014 that the Ministry of Labor of Saudi Arabia is considering fixing the minimum salary for Saudis in the private sector.
- Minimum Salary for Saudis: SR 5,300
- Minimum Salary for Expats in Saudi Arabia: SR 2,500
Although this proposal was approved and planned to be implemented soon after the wage protection program is fully implemented, no minimum salary or wages are fixed for expatriates in Saudi Arabia.
However, considering the recent reforms in Saudi Arabia, there is a possibility that the government will fix the minimum wages for expats as well.
Source: Al Arabiya
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group or Telegram Channel.
Never pay the full price, join the Saudi Coupon Codes group and get sales updates and discount codes in one place.