Table of Contents
It is a great opportunity for expats living in Saudi Arabia to find a Saudi girl for marriage and secure their unlimited stay in Saudi Arabia. Here is the process;
Step 1: Find a Saudi girl for marriage
There are many expats out there who want to know how to find a Saudi woman for marriage. My brothers, keep in mind that Saudi girls for or divorced women are not available for marriage online so please stop searching about them.
Saudis have a strong culture, traditions, and values associated with them, someone who is a misfit to those cultural values would be a problem for their society.
Due to barriers on men and women mixing, it is not easy to understand each other and hence find a good Saudi girl for marriage.
Step 2: Meet 8 conditions to marry a Saudi girl
The Saudi government has listed down very strict conditions to get married to a Saudi girl. The marriage permission is not granted if any of the following conditions are not met;
- A Saudi lady has to be between 25 and 50 years to marry a non-Saudi man.
- Saudi men should be aged between 40 and 65 years to marry non-Saudi women.
In the case of a bodily handicapped individual or unusual needs, including being born to unknown parents, the minimum age is lowered.
The age difference between Saudi women and foreigners should not exceed 15 years.
A foreigner cannot marry a Saudi lady if he is previously married or married to a Saudi woman.
A Saudi woman cannot marry a foreigner who has been a member of the military in a foreign country.
A Saudi woman cannot marry a Huroob or a person banned from entering Saudi Arabia.’
A foreigner must not be stateless and must have a detailed nationality proved by an ID card from his country that has a validity of 12 months at least.
Step 3: Submit the marriage application to Amara Office
Now the Saudi girl will submit an application to the Amara office seeking permission to get married to a foreigner. She needs to make sure that all the below documents are attached;
- A request letter by the guardian of the Saudi girl to His Royal Highness Prince of the region.
- Copy of Groom’s Iqama, Passport, and Birth Certificate.
- Police Clearance Certificate for the groom.
- Employment verification letter of the groom stating his salary duly verified by the Chamber of Commerce.
- A statement by the groom that he has never been married to a Saudi woman duly witnessed by two Saudi nationals.
- If the groom is married to a non-Saudi woman, he must submit the marriage certificate.
- Copy of Girl’s Saudi national card or passport.
- Police Clearance Certificate for the bride.
- If the applicant is a divorced woman or a widow, she should submit a copy of the divorce decree or death certificate.
- Employment verification letter of the bride stating her salary duly verified by the Chamber of Commerce (working woman).
- GOSI certificate of the Saudi Girl.
- Proof of the woman applicant accommodation certified by the mayor and the police (rental contract – deed of ownership).
- Submit a medical report of the prospective couple from an approved government hospital.
- Drug test report of the groom.
- A statement signed by the Saudi girl that her husband and children would not apply for Saudi Citizenship.
Step 4: Getting the MOI approval
Once all the documents are submitted to the Amarah office of the girl’s residence, you need to wait patiently to get approval or rejection by the Ministry of Interior.
The process may take from 2 months to 2 years depending upon the case. Once the approval is received, follow the next step.
Step 5: Fill out the Marriage Form
Now the Saudi girl will have to fill out the form on the Ministry of Justice website to marry a Non-Saudi man;
- Open the MOJ website: https://inhaatportal.moj.gov.sa/tabsnew.aspx
- Click on إنشاء عقد زواج.
- Select the region according to your area.
- Enter the details as required in the form.
Step 6: The formal Marriage
Saudi girl, Expat man along with the following people must be present at the time and date of the marriage scheduled by the Ministry of Justice;
- Bride’s Guardian.
- 2 Witnesses.
You will be required to go to the secretary of Qazi. Secretary will check the accuracy of the electronically filed application and make sure that all the written names are as per residence permits.
He will also make sure that above mentioned five persons are physically present in the hall. After that, he will ask you to wait for your turn in the waiting area.
Groom’s name will be called after some time from the Qazi’s office so you need to be active at that time. All five persons will enter the room and Qazi will ask about all the persons individually.
He will ask the groom and the bride about marriage acceptance. He will also ask from the father of the bride, whether he has received the Mahar.
Here it is very important to know that the bride’s father must say that he has received the Mahar. Otherwise, he will ask the groom to pay the Mahar first and then come for the marriage.
If everything goes fine, both the groom and bride will be congratulated for getting married in Saudi Arabia by the Qazi.