Table of Contents
In order to process your Saudi work visa, you need to pass some medical tests and get a report from Wafid, previously known as GAMCA or GCCHMC. Here is how to take GAMCA medical test and check its report status online.
- GAMCA: GCC-approved Medical Centers Association.
- GCCHMC: GCC Health Medical Council.
- Wafid is the new name of the GAMCA medical test.
Check GAMCA Medical Report
To check and download GAMCA/Wafid medical test reports status online;
- Open: https://wafid.com/medical-status-search/
- Enter your Passport Number.
- Select Nationality.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code.
The system will show you a new page where you can see your medical report.
- Click on the PDF button to download the report.
- GAMCA Medical Test Report Status = FIT means you can process your Saudi Visa.
GAMCA medical unfit report
While checking the Gamca medical status by passport number, if the Wafid system shows “UNFIT,” it means there is some problem with your test report.
If you are declared UNFIT while checking the GAMCA medical test report, you must contact the laboratory for a detailed report. In the detailed report, you will discover the cause of being unfit.
In some cases, you can retest after only one week; in others, such as HCV, you must take another test after almost six months.
Don’t bribe someone to make it good in case of an unfit medical report. You will have to go through another medical test for Saudi Iqama. If you don’t pass that test, your Iqama will not be processed.
Validity of GAMCA medical test
The GAMCA/Wafid medical test report validity period for Saudi Arabia is only 3 months. It means you need to stamp your visa on your passport within 90 days of issuance of such a medical test report.
GAMCA Medical Test Appointment
- Book a GAMCA appointment through the Wafid website. https://wafid.com/book-appointment/
- Fill in the required details such as passport information.
- Pay the $10 appointment fee online with a credit card.
- Print the appointment and visit the medical center on the appointment date.
- You need to pay Saudi medical fees at the GAMCA-approved medical center.
Medical Test fees
The fee for medical tests for Saudi Visa varies from country to country but it is in the range of around SR 300 to be paid in the local currency.
- GAMCA medical test report fee for India: INR 6,300.
- GAMCA medical test fee for Pakistan: PKR 21,000.
The following documents are required to take a medical test for a Saudi visa;
- Appointment slip.
- Original Passport along with a copy of the passport.
- Original National Identity Card along with a copy of the NIC.
- 4 passport-size photos.
List of GAMCA medical tests for Saudi Visa
- HIV/AIDS reactive.
- Hepatitis B surface antigen, HCV reactive.
- Microfilaria-positive and malaria blood film-positive, known leprosy patients.
- Tuberculosis – any type, of X-ray showing active PTB, past evidence of PTB, or healed.
- Pulmonary scar, including minimum fibrosis, calcification (granuloma) pleural thickening, pleural effusion, tuberculosis lymphadenitis.
- VDRL/TPHA reactive.
- Chronic renal failure.
- Chronic hepatitis failure.
- Congestive heart failure.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Known case of cancer.
- Psychiatric disease and neurological disorders.
- Physical disabilities, i.e. color blindness, deafness.
GAMCA medical test for pregnant women
In the case of pregnancy, a NOC from the Saudi Embassy is required by the medical center to exempt the applicant from radioactive exposure. With this NOC, pregnant women only need a blood test and urine test, and eye checkup. You can request the NOC from Etimad by submitting the following documents;
- Filled NOC form.
- MOFA Visa Slip.
- Doctor’s Report for pregnancy.
- Ultrasound report.
You will receive the NOC within 5-7 days after which the lady can visit the medical center for the Saudi medical test.
Bonus Tip: Make sure you carry a fit-to-fly certificate signed and stamped by a gynecologist before taking the flight.
Medical test for Children
Children under the age of 12 only need to go to designated medical centers approved by GAMCA and submit their original passports and 2 photos and visa.
They will check weight height and ask if vaccines are given regularly and issue a medical fit certificate. There is no need for laboratory tests.
The fee for the medical test of children is significantly lesser than the fee for normal medical tests for a Saudi Visa.