Table of Contents
There are many types of Jinns according to Islam and one of them is Jinn Al Kaboos which attacks you during sleeping and causes sleep paralysis (medical science).
Jinn Al Kaboos attacks during sleep
If you are asleep and feel that you are getting suffocated and someone or something is being pushed on you which is not allowing you to breathe and then all of a sudden you wake up trying to catch up your breath, then you have been attacked by Jinn Al-Kaboos.
Medical science has claimed that such a phenomenon is known as “sleep paralysis”, while Islamic scholars claim it is an attack by Jinns.
Sleep paralysis in Islam
Whether it is Jinn Al Kaboos as per Islam or sleep paralysis as per medical science, this feeling is quite frightening and you should seek spiritual or medical help.
- If you think this situation is caused by some medical conditions, make sure to take medical assistance.
- If you believe that sleep paralysis is caused by a Jinn, make sure to take spiritual help (explained below).
Hadith related to Jinn Al Kaboos
There are so many Hadiths related to Jinns but despite searching it many times, I couldn’t find any special Hadith that talks about Jinn Al Kaboos.
However, we should not forget the fact that the Holy Quran and Hadith were not revealed to give us knowledge about the types of Jinn. There are special people, studies, and knowledge centers related to Jinns.
If the Quran and Hadith do not contradict these studies, they are believed to be true.
How to avoid Jinn attacks while asleep?
There are indeed certain measures that we can take as per Islam to avoid the Jinn Al Kaboos attack while sleeping (sleep paralysis). The best way is to sleep according to the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. Here is a list of Sunnah that we should perform before sleeping:
- Sleep in the state of ablution (wudu).
- Offer all the obligatory salah before sleep.
- Clean and dust the bed before sleeping on it.
- Recite سبحان الله 33 times.
- Recite ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّٰهِ 33 times.
- Recite اللّٰهُ أَكْبَر 34 times.
- Recite Surah Al-Mulk.
- Recite the Surah Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falq and Al-Nas.
- Sleep on your right side.