To assure the pilgrims’ safety and facilitate a comfortable Umrah, pilgrims are not allowed to carry the following 5 things in Masjid al-Haram, Makkah.
All such items shall be banned to carry into the Grand Mosque which shall become an obstacle in the pilgrims’ comfort.
By imposing a ban on all items that threaten the comfort of the pilgrims, the authorities aim to facilitate a smooth pilgrimage for all.
Here is a list of 5 items that the authorities have banned:
- All sorts of Food and beverages. However, coffee, dates, and water is allowed.
- Any sort of sharp object.
- Any liquid which can catch fire (petrol etc).
- Large carry bags, suitcase,s and luggage. The reason that the big travel bags have been banned in the Grand Mosque is that they pose a safety risk in crowded areas.
- Strollers are not allowed inside Mataaf.
This will allow the pilgrims to have a smooth and comfortable Umrah journey. These restrictions are beneficial at peak times when the influx of worshippers to the Grand Mosque is high.
By reducing the obstacles and hindrances for the pilgrims, the authorities wish to improve the spiritual atmosphere.
Source: Gulf News