Last updated on January 3rd, 2020 at 11:12 am
So you would have heard of endless horror stories about the mishaps of buying things online, about how someone ordered a washing machine and they got a box of rocks in the delivery. While these stories may have put you off about buying anything online, but you should know that these are one-off cases that usually happen if you do not go through a verified or trusted seller like Carswitch.
You would be genuinely surprised to know that many people use the Internet to buy used cars in UAE. But many would still advise you against buying a car online. So is it actually a good idea to buy a used car online? Here are some advantages:
- Convenience: With the advent of the Internet, the first advantage, which comes to mind, is convenience. You have endless choices to browse through, right at your fingertips, and all within the comfort of your home. You can look through many used car dealerships online anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
- Trusted Sellers: Many trusted dealerships such as CarSwitch are extremely popular for buying used cars in Dubai. Going through a trusted dealership makes sure that you get the best and the full worth for your money.
- Time Saver: No longer do you need to visit different dealerships in search of the car that you are looking for, you can find what you want in almost half the time it would take you to travel physically to these dealerships.
- Larger Selection: The biggest advantage of going online to buy a used car is the large selection of used cars available. You can get anything from a rare car to one of the latest models, whichever you’d like.
While there may be many advantages to buying used cars online, there are a few downsides to it as well, as there are with most good things. Sometimes looking at detailed pictures online cannot give you the best picture, you would only know what the car looks like in real life and how it functions, only if you take it for a test drive. And taking it for a test drive before you buy it can also give you an indication of any underlying issues that the car might possibly have-again, another thing that you may not be able to achieve online. Another downside to buying a car online is that sometimes you may just get tempted to take the cheapest deal, which may not necessarily translate to the best deal. The cheapest deal could be from a seller who may not take any responsibility for any issues post the sale of the car, while a deal which is a little more higher in pricing but is offered from a trusted dealership can take care of any headaches that you may have later on.
Despite the various advantages and disadvantages, there are several things you must keep in mind while buying a used car online:
- Always remember to obtain the vehicle history report for the car. If you go through a reputed dealership, you needn’t worry about this, as all the details of the car will be informed to you from the first step itself.
- Do make it a point to go through consumer reviews about the car that you are interested in, as it would give you a better idea of how the car fares with regular use, and if there are any problems that you could face with it.
- Ensure that the car is inspected well before you buy it. At CarSwitch, every used car is hand-checked by experts, so if you go through a trusted seller like them, you can rest assured that you would be getting the best.
So if you are planning to buy a used car, you have a lot to think about if you want to opt for it online. With many advantages and the ease and convenience of buying a car online, this guide can help you make the right choice!