Table of Contents
Seeing a dead person in a dream getting married, asking for clothes, or talking to a dead relative is a terrifying experience for people with a special meaning in Islam.
- Islamic Meaning: Seeing yourself die in a Dream
- Islamic Meaning: Seeing the angel of death in a dream
- Islamic Meaning: Seeing a coffin/kafan in a dream
The General Meaning
According to Ibrahim Karmani رحمة الله عليه, seeing dead people in a happy state in a dream represents that he/she is in good condition with Allah as per Islam.
- According to Hafiz Muabbar رحمة الله عليه, if a dead person carries you by putting hands under your neck and legs, it is a sign of long life.
- If you see a dead man laughing and crying simultaneously, it means he did not die as a Muslim.
- According to Ismail Ash’at رحمة الله عليه, if you see a dead person offering Salah in a dream, it shows that he has spent piety life.
- According to Ibn Sirin رحمة الله عليه, seeing a dead person crying with pain means that he will be questioned for his evil deeds in the world.
- Seeing a dead person in a coffin pointing at you indicates that the dreamer will be arranging the funeral of the dead person and getting a reward for that.
A dead person getting married
A dream where one sees getting married to a woman who is already dead has a meaning that the person will be able to achieve for which he has lost all his hopes.
A dead person asking/giving clothes
According to Hafiz Muabbar رحمة الله عليه, if you see a dead person naked and without clothes, it shows that he is not in a good situation.
According to Prophet Daniyal عليه السلام, if a dead person gives you clothes in a dream,
- wearing those clothes represents sorrow and loss.
- not wearing those clothes represents the death of the dreamer.
According to Jafir Sadiq رحمة الله عليه, if you see a dead person wearing colorful clothes, it has a special meaning in Islam.
- Green clothes represent the martyrdom of the dead.
- White clothes represent an excellent state.
- Black, Red, Yellow, and Blue clothes represent a terrible state.
Seeing a dream where you are helping a dead person to wear clothes indicates that the dreamer will die soon.
If a dead one asks the dreamer to wash his clothes, then it means that he is asking for a favor. One shall offer prayers for his forgiveness, pay off his debts of any, give some charity if there was a will, it shall be fulfilled or if he was served with injustice, justice shall be sought for him.
If the dreamer washes the clothes of the dead one, then it shows an improvement in the conditions of the deceased.
Traveling with a dead person
According to Jabir Maghrabi رحمة الله عليه, traveling with or following a dead person in a dream is a bad sign,
- Traveling to an unknown house behind the dead indicates death.
- If the dead ask to come to his house at a particular time, the dreamer will die at that particular time.
- If a dead person forcefully asks you to come to his house and you do not go there, it represents sickness.
- Traveling with a dead person to a market means he will make a lot of money.
Seeing a Dead Family Member alive
According to Ibrahim Karmani رحمة الله عليه;
- Seeing your dead father alive in a happy state and good clothes in a dream represents that the dreamer will earn money and fame.
- Seeing your dead mother alive or talking to your dead mother in a dream is a relief from grief.
- Seeing your dead parents alive in an unhappy state and dirty clothes in a dream represents a loss of money and fame.
- Seeing a stranger dead person alive in a dream represents a good sign for the family members of the dead person.
Speaking with a dead person
According to Ibrahim Karmani رحمة الله عليه; if a dead person in a dream tells you that he is actually alive, it means that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى is happy with the dead.
- It is a good sign if a dead person tells you something good in a dream.
- If a dead person tells you something bad in a dream, it is a bad sign.
- If a dead person responds to your voice in a dream without looking at you, it represents the dreamer’s death.
- It is a bad sign if a dead person writes a will for you.
- If a dead person ignores you in a dream, you should offer sadaqah on his behalf.
Receiving something from a dead person
According to Prophet Daniyal عليه السلام if a dead person gives you something to eat in a dream;
- Eating it represents the Halal income.
- Not eating it represents illegal income.
- Seeing a dead person eating food in a dream is not a good sign.
Receiving a copy of the Quran from a dead person is a good sign.
If a dead person gives a coin in the dream, it indicates they will not become victims of an unjust trial. Yet, if they see they have refused to take the coin, they shall not be unfair to others. This is a kind of warning that has been given to them.
Kissing a dead person
Kissing a known dead person in a dream shows that one will get benefits from him, such as inheritance or gain knowledge. If the dead person is unknown, surplus money will come to him from literally out of nowhere!
However, a sick person kissing a dead one in a dream shows that he or she will die soon.
Having Sex with a dead person
According to Jafar Sadiq رحمة الله عليه, seeing yourself having sex with a dead person in a dream is an indication that he will get something out of the wealth of the dead person.