Table of Contents
If you want to drive outside Saudi Arabia, you need to get an international driving permit on the basis of a Saudi driving license. It is recognized in more than 150 countries all around the world.
- Recommended: How to get Saudi Driving License?
You need to meet the following requirements to get an international driving license in Saudi Arabia.
- Minimum Age: 18 years.
- Original Saudi driving license + copy.
- Copy of passport.
- Original Iqama + copy.
- Passport Size Photograph.
- Fee: SR 195.
If you want to go to another country on a visit visa, you should get an international driving license. In order to do that, contact any renowned travel agent or apply for it online through;
- SATA: Saudi Automobile and Touring Association.
- Saudi Automobile Federation.
SATA International driving license
In order to apply through SATA;
- Place of Birth: City of Birth.
- Date of Birth: As per Passport.
KSA Driving License Information.
- Driving License Number: Iqama Number.
- Type of Driving License: Car-Light Motor Vehicle.
- Expiry Date: Check Saudi Driving License Validity.
- Convert Hijri Date to Gregorian Date.
- Picture of Driving License.
- Picture of the passport.
- Passport Size Photo.
You can ask them to deliver your international driving license to your doorstep in Saudi Arabia or collect it from Riyadh, Jeddah, or Tabuk branches.
The fee to apply for an international driving permit through SATA in Saudi Arabia is SR 138.
The validity of the license
The International Driving Permit is valid for only 1 year from the date it is issued no matter if you use it or not. Once again, we strongly advise you to get your license issued/renewed before each and every travel.
Can I use an International Driving License in KSA?
According to Article 42 of traffic laws, an international driving permit can be used for a period of 12 months from the date of entry in Saudi Arabia.
It is important to mention that you cannot drive your friend’s or family member’s car on this driving license as you would not be able to get Absher authorization.
However, you can take a car for rent from any airport in Saudi Arabia by showing them your international driving license. This facility is not available in most of the rent a car outlet outside airports.